Vacuum diagram /schematic

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
E-typeguy
United States of America

#1 Vacuum diagram /schematic

Post by E-typeguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi Gents,
I just acquired my 72 E-type USA model, Series III , LHD w/ automatic transmission. There are a quite few vacuum lines that I need to secure/route/replace. I was hoping some one could assist me with locating the applicable diagrams /schematic. I've ordered a few manuals to help me maintain the vehicle but in the mean-time, this forum is all I have. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Wes in TN
1972 Jaguar XKE coupe - Series III

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarekH
Great Britain

#2 Re: Vacuum diagram /schematic

Post by MarekH » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Dear Wes,

The tan coloured US Owners Manual booklet describes what each of the emissions control devices were and their connections in the last twenty or so pages of that booklet.

The Parts Manual for your car shows the schematics by engine and car number. There is an annototated copy of those pages posted in one of my photo albums on the old jag-lover.org (now jag-lovers.com) website which explains exactly how it works (except that I wrote the word "advance" where I meant "retard").

Subject to legal requirements where you are, most of it can be removed and plugged with only a line from the bottom of the LH rear carburettor to the distributor remaining.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
E-typeguy
United States of America

#3 Re: Vacuum diagram /schematic

Post by E-typeguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Thank you sir,
With help from knowledgeable people like you, this vehicle is going to be a pleasure to own and work on.
I am very thankful.
Wes
1972 Jaguar XKE coupe - Series III

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic