Radio for 1962 Series 1 3.8 OTC

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
drichards
Australia

#1 Radio for 1962 Series 1 3.8 OTC

Post by drichards » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:38 am

No doubt this question has been asked before so apologies to regular forum members but where can I source the correct period radio with modern inerds (is that how you spell it!) ie electronics for connection to a MP3 player for example

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 am

I described my modern ''vintage radio project here: http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163 Works well and is a better option than the ?350 original radio upgrades you see advertised as they still only have one 8 watt channel. My radio has 4 channels at 60watts each if you need them, and you will in an E-Type if you expect to listen to anything!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GSR 54D
Great Britain

Post by GSR 54D » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 am

Hi

Try this link http://www.tadpoleradios.co.uk/index.html

I haven't used this seller before but he does appear to have the right product being fm stereo with high output and mp3. My radio with MW and LW has very few stations left to listen to. Do you have MW & LW in Australia??

John H

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dave K
Great Britain

#4 Re: Radio for 1962 Series 1 3.8 OTC

Post by Dave K » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:02 pm

drichards wrote:No doubt this question has been asked before so apologies to regular forum members but where can I source the correct period radio with modern inerds (is that how you spell it!) ie electronics for connection to a MP3 player for example
When I bought my car it had a Motorola radio in it so I sent it off to a guy near Bristol to overhaul meaning chip it for FM and fit a lead for my MP3 player.
Of course being +ve earth it wasn't that easy so he had to fit something else (converter) in it that would allow it to use the MP3 player. I have a neat little switch by the speaker on my side of the console that I flick should I want to change from radio to MP3.
The cost was a whopping ?350 and to be honest the radio wanders off the station all the time and now the MP3 won't work when I get a chance I'll have to have a look at it.

I also had to fit two extra speakers opposite the original ones because it was too powerful for just the two.
Other problems the fade/balance swicthes are at the back of the radio and after refitting the radio in the console it hits the rear of the tunnel and can move the fade/balance slighly.

If you want me to get the details I'll have a look in the garage otherwise Stoneleigh or ebay are as good places as any to look.

Dave

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic