Hinged luggage board trim materials

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
wilkinsi
Australia

#1 Hinged luggage board trim materials

Post by wilkinsi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:27 am

I am the process of re-rimming the interior of my September 1962 build 3.8 FHC which has many omissions that need to be reinstated.
One issue that I cannot seem to find a definitive answer for is what trim materials were used for both sides of the folding luggage board. Some advice I have had is that the rear deck side was in hardura the same as the rear mat and the front side immediately behind the driver was covered in vinyl although that seems a bit complex for Jaguar to have coped with production wise.
As has been discussed before my car should have the 2 piece hardura mat on the rear deck but the folding luggage board is a bit of a mystery.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Ian Wilkins
Melbourne, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vikla
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hinged luggage board trim materials

Post by vikla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Ian

Clausager's Factory-Original book show pictures of the folding board to have vinyl on both sides for an early car with the 2 part hardura boot mat.

It also says the sloping part of the bulkhead in front of the folding board is in hardura and the vertical panel is in moquette.

Hope that helps.
Steve
S1 4.2 FHC 1966

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
wilkinsi
Australia

#3 Re: Hinged luggage board trim materials

Post by wilkinsi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that advice which clarifies the situation perfectly - since doing the post the thought had occurred that the thickness of the hardura would be a problem getting the edge of it under the top chrome rail anyway.

Cheers

Ian Wilkins
Melbourne, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic