Interior

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
Landcrab
Sweden

#1 Interior

Post by Landcrab » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am

Hello everybody!

I`m in the process of looking at a new interior for my 1965 fhc and have been ordering samples and looking around a few comapanies. I was wodering if someone that already been trough this could be kind to upload some photos of a finished interior from the different main suppliers just to be able to see it installed. I think the centre consolle seats and rear department gives a quite good impression on the result that could be expected. I`m not looking for any judgment but images from the diffeent suppliers would give a honest chance for everybody in the same situation to make a decition.

Regards Johan
1965 fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#2 Re: Interior

Post by christopher storey » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Johan : here are pictures of my S1 FHC which was restored about 9 years ago. The interior came from BAS in South Wales ( whom I can recommend highly incidentally ) . BAS rebuilt the seats and provided the rest of the furnishings which were fitted by Hutsons

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rfs1957
France

#3 Re: Interior

Post by rfs1957 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:00 pm

I would definitely use BAS in Wales again, which - as most of us only get one shot at this - is perhaps the best you're going to get from us ; everyone seems to love their own trimmer, but we don't get to work with the other ones.

Anyone who has visited BAS and been "upstairs" will have seen that they make the stuff on the spot themselves - vinyls, carpets - and will tell you, without trumpeting it from the roof-tops, that they supply the vast majority of the other trimmers with these very same products.

I thought BAS' attention to detail on the centre-console, for example, was excellent, and they were SO helpful with advice at a distance on the parts I did myself.

Unusually, too, they were extremely receptive to suggestions about slight tweaks and improvements which is light-years away from the jaundiced and cycnical seen-it-alls that I've often had to deal with - my somewhat unbridled amateur enthusiasm can bring out the worst condescension from certain professionals.

There are other examples of the work they did for me here :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10396&p=82466&hilit=interior#p82466

and they were very helpful when I was doing this :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10855&start=20

I think, however, we should remember that a trimmer is only ever going to be as good as the supporting surfaces, the alignments, and the general fettling that is done BEFORE the trim.

Jack at BAS did a great job on fitting the hood, but if I hadn't done this lot beforehand

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10352&hilit=interior&start=20

he'd - by his own admission - have been pissing in the wind.
Last edited by rfs1957 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory
3.8 OTS S1 Opalescent Silver Grey - built May 28th 1962

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Landcrab
Sweden

#4 Re: Interior

Post by Landcrab » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks that was exactly the reply I was looking for. Would be very interesting to compare with Aldridge, John Skinner and S&T

Regards Johan
1965 fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Landcrab
Sweden

#5 Re: Interior

Post by Landcrab » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

Anyone with an interior from Aldridge that would like to post some images?
1965 fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#6 Re: Interior

Post by mgcjag » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:02 am

Hi...whats your name...please try to post it with your car model in the signature area.......are you intending to buy a kit and install yourself or have the trimmer install....here are a couple of photos of my diy trim useing Aldridge supplied trim......Steve

Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Landcrab
Sweden

#7 Re: Interior

Post by Landcrab » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks Steve!

That looks really nice. My intension was to install it myself but maybe get help with the seats.

The footer says 1965 fhc but sorry for the name

Regards Johan

By the way I also have a C-type project going.
1965 fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#8 Re: Interior

Post by mgcjag » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am

Hi Johan......I you are doing the job your self then considerable saving can be made...i had the seat covers and carpet set made....and purchased the center consul kit.....then just purchased vinyl by the meter...its much easyer if you already have the old trim as a patern.....new door cards can easily be made..covering the seats wasnt dificult i have a series of photos showing how to do it from BAS....too many to post here but if you consider doing it yourself then PM me your email and will send to you......ps..my C build is a Realm....pm me details of yours.. Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic