choke warning light

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
barberlou
United States of America

#1 choke warning light

Post by barberlou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:27 pm

I have a 64 e type and I need help with the choke warning light. The jewel in the holder is mounted in the dash panel, but what holds the socket where the bulb goes in the back of the panel. The socket falls out where the bulb is held in... what actually holds the complete unit together (hard to explain). And, where is the earth ground at on the unit. Have been restoring and am learning as I'm going. Thank you for any help, George.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#2 Re: choke warning light

Post by cactusman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:34 pm

The jewel and chrome surround pop through the dash and screw into a machined aluminium tube. The other end is wider and a standard MES clip on bulb holder with fingers will clip in. I can't recall where the earth goes but any retaining bold on the bulkhead is fine...or you can retain it behind one of the knurled nuts that hold the tachometer in place....at least that is what is behind mine but others may differ.... :bigrin:
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
barberlou
United States of America

#3 Re: choke warning light

Post by barberlou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Thank you for the information. I'll have to try to find a part # so I can find a mes clip that holds the bulb holder in. Looking... do you know where I can find an MES clip? Or where I can find get the whole assembly #C11724 for a 3.8 '64 Jaguar? Getting down to these smaller restoration parts. Headache :questionmarks:
I have a parts book and it doesn't show this clip.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic