medatronics 5 speed JT5 Tremec conversion for series 1 4.2

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
Daimlerboy45
Great Britain

#1 medatronics 5 speed JT5 Tremec conversion for series 1 4.2

Post by Daimlerboy45 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:09 am

Hi all,

There appears to be plenty of advice available on converting E's to 5 speed gearbox set ups. I am looking to do the same and have read that the JT5 box is a strong contender, being a beefier version of the T5. Anyway, I don't want to sound like an expert, I am not, I just want to enjoy driving my car! My question, does anyone have experience of this installation, supplied by Medatronics Corp in Florida? You may know them as 5speeds.com. Site below.

www.5speeds.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#2 Re: medatronics 5 speed JT5 Tremec conversion for series 1 4.2

Post by christopher storey » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 am

The trouble with all these 5 speed conversions is that effectively, once you have fitted them, you are on your own . I know nothing of the merits or otherwise of mediatronics, but it appears to be something of a one man band , and that one man seems to have a large chip on his shoulder about copying as a result of which he will not supply anyone in the trade in the UK. The result is that there is no-one in the UK to whom you can turn if you run into problems. I believe that Rory ( rfs1957) and David Jones ( heuer) may both use his boxes, so it is probably worthwhile having a Private Message to each of those to get direct knowledge of their experiences

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#3 Re: medatronics 5 speed JT5 Tremec conversion for series 1 4.2

Post by Heuer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:41 am

My box is a T5 sourced from Watjag who, with hindsight, caused all the controversy with Medatronics. All these boxes are based on the Borg Warner T5 World Class unit and Paul Cangliosi of Medatronics was the first to develop the modification. Others followed suit and so it all kicked off!

The Medatronics box is certainly the best developed and thousands have been sold for the E-Type in the USA. If you can get a JT5 buy it rather than the T5 modified offerings from others.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB

Add your E-Type to our World Map: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Daimlerboy45
Great Britain

#4 Re: medatronics 5 speed JT5 Tremec conversion for series 1 4.2

Post by Daimlerboy45 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks all. Looks like medatronics no longer offer the kit and no plans to put it back into production so a case of finding my own jt5 or looking at other options.
Appreciate the help.
Marcus

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#5 Re: medatronics 5 speed JT5 Tremec conversion for series 1 4.2

Post by JJC » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 pm

For anyone still interested, try The Driven Man, In the state of Tennessee , USA. Great kit, everything you need. Simply transforms your E-Type, no matter what model.

JJ

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic