S1 4.2 Brake Servo Reservoir Bottle Bracket

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
ALAN COCHRANE
Great Britain

#1 S1 4.2 Brake Servo Reservoir Bottle Bracket

Post by ALAN COCHRANE » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone

My car's braking system has been upgraded to 4.2 spec and so sports the square reservoir bottles. I've just had to replace the brake servo reservoir bottle again. This is now the third one the car has had in the eleven years of my ownership. The previous two developed a crack at the neck of the spigot, this was despite the second bottle having the steel reinforced insert.
I currently have the bottle sitting high with the lower rear rib resting on the top edge of the clamp. This seems to allow enough room for the hose to bend naturally without pressing against the bulkhead. Obviously this isn't how it is meant to be fitted which makes me think the bracket may not be tall enough.
Fitting the bottle with the ribs above and below the clamp as designed seems to leave insufficient space for the hose to bend without hitting the bulkhead.
Can someone give me the measurement between the bracket's rear bulkhead fixing and the hole for the reservoir clamp fixing bolt.

Thanks in advance
Alan Cochrane

1961 S1 OTS,1968 Triumph TR250, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3, 2008 Porsche Boxster RS60 Spyder

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

caveman
Great Britain

#2 Re: S1 4.2 Brake Servo Reservoir Bottle Bracket

Post by caveman » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:53 pm

Does this help Alan?

Steve
1965 S1 4.2 FHC (early)