Wiring route for starter cable

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
Grobinson
Great Britain

#1 Wiring route for starter cable

Post by Grobinson » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 pm

I've seen various posts relating to the wiring route for the starter cable. My car was previously LHD and is now being converted to RHD. the cable previously ran towards the front of the car to what I believe is called the picture frame, along the bottom of this and then up and back to the starter motor. I have noted that some people prefer to run the cable along the back of the bulkhead above the bellhousing making for a shorter cable run and a friend has told me that this is original for RHD cars but I'm not sure if this is correct or not; any thoughts on would be welcomed?
Also, if I opt for this option I'm not sure what the best route is to run the cable when it gets to the point of the washer bottle as the bottle holder is fitted pretty tight up against the bulkhead and it doesn't feel right to pinch this behind the bottle or even through the bottle holder meaning that the cable would be sandwiched between bottle and holder. If anyone has any ideas and/or photos I'd really appreciate it.
Many thanks
Graeme

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Wiring route for starter cable

Post by Gfhug » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:32 am

Graeme, this friend who says the bulkhead route was original for RHD, would he like to say where he gets that info and what is his knowledge base? A recent question on this confirmed the correct route is via the picture frame as you describe. Certainly is on my S2 FHC.

See here:
http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14036

Geoff (putting head about parapet)
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic