New Wiring Loom - any recommendations?

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
ChrisC
Great Britain

#1 New Wiring Loom - any recommendations?

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Chaps,

I plan to replace all the wiring when the car if back from the painters. Can anyone recommend a UK company that produces known good wiring looms? I know there are several companies out there that do them.

I have one of the very first 4.2 FHC's with the horns inside the bonnet.

Cheers

CC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

Post by christopher storey » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:22 pm

I have sent a PM . What chassis no is your car?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkE
Great Britain

Post by MarkE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:30 pm

I've used Autosparks for looms for a few different cars. including my S1, they are always accurate, and understand the differences between models and types.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

1954Etype
Great Britain

Post by 1954Etype » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:35 pm

MarkE wrote:I've used Autosparks for looms for a few different cars. including my S1, they are always accurate, and understand the differences between models and types.
I too used Autosparks. I had a few queries on my loom and they were always helpful and ready to work with me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

steve3.8
Great Britain

Post by steve3.8 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 pm

1954Etype wrote:
MarkE wrote:I've used Autosparks for looms for a few different cars. including my S1, they are always accurate, and understand the differences between models and types.
I too used Autosparks. I had a few queries on my loom and they were always helpful and ready to work with me.[/quote

Auto sparks for me also,i collected mine from their factory as its not far--they have made wiring looms for a long time and have a good reputation and the kits come complete with gromets.They usually attend Stoneleigh

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Dave K
Great Britain

Post by Dave K » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Unfortunately I didn't use Autosparks instead I used a company who I won't name but always attend Stoneleigh.

My harness was a bloody nightmare and it had to eventually come out and be sent back because so much of it was wrong. The guy even accused the manuals and books I had of being wrong. I got it working eventually but had to run new wires in etc.

If you want to know the company PM me.

Dave

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

French Collection
Ireland

#7 Re: New Wiring Loom - any recommendations?

Post by French Collection » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:08 pm

I got an Autosparks loom via Barratts. Excellent quality and fitted perfectly. They were very helpful when I had a query and sent wiring diagrams.
French Collection
1968 E-type 4.2 roadster
1975 XJC
1976 Triumph Stag

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#8 Re: New Wiring Loom - any recommendations?

Post by cactusman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:41 pm

I got a bonnet loom kit from barratts. Think theirs come from autosparks. My old one showed evidence of dodgy repairs and looked past it. Replacement was excellent. You get the three wire head light connectors. You even get the twin wires that go into the side/indicators. You get the tiny bit from the eight way bullet joiner to the bonnet plug. Everything is colour coded as per the original. All terminations are correct. Study the wiring diagram and you can't go wrong. The only thing you don't get are the female bullet joiners so worth getting lots of single and double ones etc to replace any that are past it. Vehicle wiring products do the whole range.
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

288gto
Russia

#9 Re: New Wiring Loom - any recommendations?

Post by 288gto » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:24 pm

I am currently fitting an Autosparks loom and as above, have to say it is excellent quality and the company knowledgeable and helpful. They also supplied a later alternator mod loom.

While removing the old loom the one thing I didn't do was take enough photos of the routing and where the ends of each individual loom termated or joined.

Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic