Tracing a car I once owned.

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
BobHarrington
Great Britain

#1 Tracing a car I once owned.

Post by BobHarrington » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:39 pm

In 1966 at just 22 years old, I was incredibly lucky to buy and enjoy an etype. I have just discovered some old photos, and now have the registration number. It appears that the car still exists, and is in the UK and was bought seven months ago, but not currently MOT tested. I’d love to trace the owner, as I have photos and history to share.
Can anyone help?
1964 3.8 S1 F/H Coupé in Opalescent Maroon with beige upholstery and aluminium painted wire wheels.
Reg No:- AYF 696B
Thank you, Bob
Ps I currently have a V6 FHC ftype.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: Tracing a car I once owned.

Post by Gfhug » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:53 pm

Lucky fellow! Do you have the chassis number eg 860001 as you can then look for it on xkedata.com?

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dlgis
Great Britain

#3 Re: Tracing a car I once owned.

Post by dlgis » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:18 pm

Hi, the chassis number you’re looking for is 861580, so thats probably around a Feb 64 build as its quite close to mine. The current owner purchased the car in June 2009 and although there was a v5c change last year this doesn’t appear to be due to an ownership change, perhaps down to a house move. It doesn’t appear to have had any plate changes or colour changes which is helpful. Other than that I can’t help - hope someone comes forward with more info. Good luck 👍
Darryl
1964 S1 FHC 3.8 opalescent maroon

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic