New clutch and thrust bearing

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
rayloud@outlook.com
Great Britain

#21 Re: New clutch and thrust bearing

Post by rayloud@outlook.com » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:41 pm

Hi Guys
Marek - thanks for the drawing. Not quite sure I understand it as there are no measurements. Are you suggesting that the distance from the carbon face to the centre of the thrust arm hole should be approx twice the distance as the distance shown on the diaphram drawing.
just to let you know - the garage cleaned up the bell housing when I last got there and things looked encouraging. But get this, never heard of it before - when they checked out the new clutch it was literally fixed in the forward position and had to be forced off the centre of the diaphram opening. Looks as though the first push of the pedal virtually welded the clutch in the forward position. Had to be forced free. Weird.
Thanks again for the help. I'm going back on monday so will check that Marek's drawing matches the distances on the new setup, assuming they have had a new clutch delivered as it looked as though the new one had been damaged around the hole in the centre.
Hope I'm not being a pain, I'm not an engineer so don't always understand everything.
:fingerscrossed:
Ray

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarekH
Great Britain

#22 Re: New clutch and thrust bearing

Post by MarekH » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:28 pm

It's Rory who's doing the drawings, not me. The top and bottom drawings are completely separate from each other. The distance represented by the first "*" has nothing to do with the second "*". He's just saying "measure this".

In the first case, we are simply trying to ascertain what the height of a new release bearing is for a particular clutch and cover plate combo. In the second case, there is going to be a clutch disc (not shown) sitting between the cover pate and flywheel, so the two distances marked with a star aren't related to each other.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
rayloud@outlook.com
Great Britain

#23 Re: New clutch and thrust bearing

Post by rayloud@outlook.com » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:25 am