OTS Boot Floorboards

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
patteian

#1 OTS Boot Floorboards

Post by patteian » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:24 pm

In the process of a tidying up the boot area.

Removing stuck down black carpet, pieces of hardboard that covers tank and spare etc.

I purchased new boot floorboards and boot kit.

Looking through the parts catalogue there appears to be a metal strip attached to the board that covers the tank to support the larger board that covers the spare. Can anyone supply a picture of this strip? Also a picture of how the larger boot board is secured using the "Spring Latch".

Thank you for your help.
1961 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

nefematic
Germany

#2 Re: OTS Boot Floorboards

Post by nefematic » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:06 pm

Pat, (?)

I believe that simple metal bracket is available, I don‘t recall where though. Here the measurements I took, should be simple enough to make up. The rubber grommets are the same as the tank filler lid grommets. The spring latch you mean the one in front or the hold-down bracket in the back? I think the rearward hold-down bracket changed sometime so my S2 pics won‘t service here. The last pic gives you the measurements of the metal. The two first pics of the 7-ply wood. I‘ll post real pics once I find them.

Martin

Martin Scherz
Late S2 1970 OTS US LHD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mark10337
Switzerland

#3 Re: OTS Boot Floorboards

Post by mark10337 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:44 am

Supporting rail is part BD19055 on the S2. available at SNG, perhaps other suppliers of choice also. It all looks the same as the S1. Cross referencing the part numbers in the catalogue should help.

See diagram on https://www.sngbarratt.com/uk/#!/Englis ... 20FITTINGS

The rubber buffers part BD4321 are indeed the same as the fuel filler lid, although I've never been able to get them through the holes.
-Mark

1969 Series 2 OTS, Regency Red
'Life's to short to drive a boring car'

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic