Wiper motor conversion LHD to RHD

Talk about the E-Type Series 1

Topic author
Alty Ian
Great Britain

#1 Wiper motor conversion LHD to RHD

Post by Alty Ian » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 pm

I have been following the link in the knowledge base and the article on how to convert over but have a query. I have a series 1 motor made May 1964.

It says I should swop over the two wires that feed the commutator as shown in the article picture below;

But on my motor there are THREE wires, two to the RHS and one to the LHS as shown below

Do I still swop them over ie move the two wires to the left and the one to the right?

The single wire appears to be red/green and the two wires appear black with a white insulation inside.
64 S1 4.2 OTS 1E10012 73 S3 2+2 manual 2013 V6 F type OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Simonpfhc
Great Britain

Post by Simonpfhc » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:30 am

Hi Ian,

I'm pretty sure that's what I did on mine. I tested it afterwards with a 12v supply and it all seemed to work fine. I thought I had a picture of mine completed, but looks like I don't ;-(

Cheers.
Simon
62 3.8 FHC
91 Porsche 928GT
Find me on Instagram and Facebook @oldcarfixer

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Duckham
Great Britain

Post by Duckham » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Wow, that's a blast from the past - a photo of what seems to be my photo!.

You are correct that there are two wires on one side and a single on the other, so just swap them all across.

Incidentally the wiring inside my motor was in very poor condition and Autosparks in Nottingham made up a replacement loom in (almost) the correct colours and diameter for little money.
Joe
1963 3.8 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic