Bottom Radiator Hoses - One instead of two?

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
Williamss
Australia

#1 Bottom Radiator Hoses - One instead of two?

Post by Williamss » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi all, I have just replaced all my cooling system hoses, including the two lower radiator ones (C29642 and C29643) which are joined by a connecting pipe C29644.
However, the old hose that I removed was a single piece hose that connected the radiator to the water pump, so I had to manufacture my own connecting pipe as an short-term measure to use the two new hoses.
Has anyone heard of this single hose as a direct replacement for the two piece arrangement? Or has my car's previous owner just found a lucky alternative that has coincidentally fitted.

Also, as per other threads on this forum, the kit that I purchased did not include C31059 (Inlet Manifold to Firewall heater connection). Is the any other supplier of this item, other than Norman Motors?

Regards, Steve
(SII 2+2 RHD - 1R35562)
Steve W
1969 Ser II 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Bottom Radiator Hoses - One instead of two?

Post by mgcjag » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Steve....C31059..is available from other suppliers but i dont know if they supply it the correct shape...its particular to the 2+2... when i wanted one i got it from Norman motors.....suggest you get a photo of one first if you use a different supplier....re the bottom.....havent heard of a one piece hose.....but someone may know of one... Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic