Which colour blue?

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
Beachie1969
Great Britain

#1 Which colour blue?

Post by Beachie1969 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi everyone I'm new here an still finding my way around, so hello everyone!

I have a 1971 S2 4.1FHC LHD which came from South Carolina. It was born in Sabre but had a bare metal repaint to dark metallic blue. Some people tell me that it's dark Opalescent Blue but I think it's darker than that, and looks more like a coupe of cars I can see in Midnight Blue but I can't see midnight blue in Jaguar colours. I know it's hard to tell from photos but can anyone shed any light on the colour please as I have a little paint to do under the bonnet where the carbs were leaking in storage. Thanks

Hi I'm Paul, Current cars are;
1971 E Type S2 4.2 FHC manual. U.S Car.
1973 MGB Roadster manual.
2 cars keeping me busy in the garage every winter, but always ready to drive in spring!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: Which colour blue?

Post by mgcjag » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi Paul....you will never be able to tell the correct colour from a photo online....How do you know it is even a Jaguar colour....If you were to take the car to a good spray shop they should be able with a bit of luck to match the colour and mix you either a pot or aerosol ....Steve
Steve
1969 S2 2+2 & Building a C type replica

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#3 Re: Which colour blue?

Post by christopher storey » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:47 pm

The colour obviously horrified that chap in the blue sweater !! :bigrin: :bigrin: Joking apart, even allowing for the unreliability of pics on screen, I am confident that is not ODB but is a much more modern paint. ODB has a very definite grey tinge to it - it is still blue but has a kind of misty tinge as well, and yours is much, much bluer than that . I suggest you take e.g. the filler cap along to a paint supplier and seek advice, or better still a scanned ID of the colour . Very handsome car, by the way

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic