color choice

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
Francis

#1 color choice

Post by Francis » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello guys,

I need some input from you all.

After working with a whole bunch of experts, and with paint fumes emmissions rules, it is no longer possible to use Lacquer paint in America.
The oil based paint is also no longer available for environmental reasons.

We are left with water based paint for my opalescent dark green choice of color.

I have had samples made of my choice of color to repaint my 69 OTS.

The only one that looks great is the lacquer one. (I did manage to get one pint of the paint in Michigan...) I could get enough to paint the whole car, but I can't find a painter that is still skilled with lacquer paint...It has not been used here in the past 25 years.

Oil based paint comes up diffrent and new formulas for the water based paint come up with a shade of black and the metal flakes are too big to make it look nice.

Paint is to be applied in the next few weeks and I need to go to plan B.

Out with Oplalescent dark green :cry:

I now think of BRG (British Racing Green) or Pale Primrose, a shade of cream/yellow.

Any opinions? Any other choice that could be done in water based paint and give my car the Humf I am looking for?

Francis
69 OTS S2 1R8482 named Fiona

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Francis

Post by Francis » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:06 pm

I just went to the Range Rover dealer to pick my Range Rover up after service and noticed a dark green RR in the showroom.

The paint color is called Galway Green. Very close to the Opalescent Dark green of old at Jaguar.

Anybody have a eye to tell me if it is noticably diffrent?

That may be an alternative if it's so close that it's virtually the same color, but my eye may be doing some wishfull thinking...

Francis
69 OTS S2 1R8482 named Fiona

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic