Fuel Hose C38514 Replacement

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
Doddsy
Great Britain

#1 Fuel Hose C38514 Replacement

Post by Doddsy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm

I have just noticed that the small (3”) fuel hoses (C38514) that goes between the carburettor feed T pieces and the fuel rail (across the engine) are in bad shape and were possibly even weeping (not somewhere you want fuel given proximity to the exhaust manifolds). Replacing is simple but finding the right hose specification is proving difficult. I have contacted two of the usual suppliers but it is not stocked. I believe this is 5/16 (8mm) hose but I presume high temperature is required. I have SAEJ306 but I believe this is 100C only. Im interested in what others are using and where to source the right specification hose. Thanks.
Teddington UK. Series 3 OTS 1972. Owned since 1982.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#2 Re: Fuel Hose C38514 Replacement

Post by JJC » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Of course I'm in the US, but over here, any car parts store, speed shop, or auto supply in general should carry a selection of hoses. Bring it into one.....I'm sure they can match it.. Nothing exotic.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Ole-xke1974
Great Britain

#3 Re: Fuel Hose C38514 Replacement

Post by Ole-xke1974 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Doddsy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm
I have just noticed that the small (3”) fuel hoses (C38514) that goes between the carburettor feed T pieces and the fuel rail (across the engine) are in bad shape and were possibly even weeping (not somewhere you want fuel given proximity to the exhaust manifolds). Replacing is simple but finding the right hose specification is proving difficult. I have contacted two of the usual suppliers but it is not stocked. I believe this is 5/16 (8mm) hose but I presume high temperature is required. I have SAEJ306 but I believe this is 100C only. Im interested in what others are using and where to source the right specification hose. Thanks.
I installed some SS braided teflon lined hose on my car 8 years ago which has been trouble free ever since. However, your concern about the temperature got me thinking and searching the web.
I found silicone hoses capable of up to 200C, but not fuel specific. Further search got me to the website of a UK company specializing in fluid solutions with fuel specific hoses. The link below is to their 125C rated ethanol capable fuel hose.
I may consider changing to these in the future.
Cheers ...... Ole

https://tinyurl.com/y9zf4vyj
1974 SIII E-Type w. XJ S2 4sp w. O/D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic