Courtesy light Wire routing S3 (RHD) OTS

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
coalboy
Great Britain

#1 Courtesy light Wire routing S3 (RHD) OTS

Post by coalboy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:10 pm

I have a purple and white wire coming out behind the steering wheel/ speedo/rev counter area of the dash loom, I presume this must connect to the driver's side courtesy light but where would the routing of this be as I can't see a corresponding wire to connect to? It has a standard bullet connector.

Any help appreciated

regards
Nigel
S3 OTS lavender blue

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarekH
Great Britain

#2 Re: Courtesy light Wire routing S3 (RHD) OTS

Post by MarekH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 am

You haven't mentioned it, but if your courtesy light doesn't come on then it may be because the switch is faulty, so simply plugging things in or out may not help. The loom typically has connections in a bundle of wires above the door hinges at either end of the outer dashboard crash roll.

To correctly diagnose this, you'd have to remove enough trim in the footwell to follow the wire from its source at the back of the door hinge backwards towards the loom and then on to the switch in the centre console.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
coalboy
Great Britain

#3 Re: Courtesy light Wire routing S3 (RHD) OTS

Post by coalboy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi Marek

Yes I have the dash tops off the purple and white wire is coming from the loom which looks like it is from the switches with most terminating to join the loom down the RHS of the car (aerial sense, indicators etc) but cant see a purple and white wire in the bundle from the courtesy light. Is it a single wire from the courtesy light switch up to the loom and what route from the switch in the door does it take?

Best Regards
Nigel
S3 OTS lavender blue

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic