rear hatch chrome grill

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
john g
Great Britain

#1 rear hatch chrome grill

Post by john g » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 pm

hello i have been trying to find a chrome grill for the rear hatch i have tried all the jag suppliers i know, does anyone know where i can purchase one from. i did see a new one at the jag spares day last october but cant remember whos stall it was on couldn't get to the march spares day had to turn round because of snow. so if you can help. many thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chris420sa
Great Britain

#2 Re: rear hatch chrome grill

Post by chris420sa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 am

Hi John - I bought mine (with the gasket etc) about 1 year ago from SC Parts. Pricy but seems to be still available. SNG Barratt does not seem to have (although their new website is not up to much, IMHO) but possibly worth giving them a call.
Best regards
Chris
Chris Davies
1972 Series 3 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
john g
Great Britain

#3 Re: rear hatch chrome grill

Post by john g » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:31 am

hi thanks for the reply i just phoned them they don't have any at the moment. SNG Barratt have stopped selling them. xk engineering don't have any, david manners have them on back order but they have no idea when they might get them although their website says 4 days that is not the case, it would be nice if they keeped their site up to date any way if any more suggestions. many thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

chris420sa
Great Britain

#4 Re: rear hatch chrome grill

Post by chris420sa » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:40 pm

John - you could try one of the e-type restorers who sometimes seem to be able to source parts when we poor mortals cannot. Could start with Claasic Motor Cars where Paul Norton who runs the stores may be able to assist (Paul Norton <Pauln@classic-motor-cars.co.uk>). I'm sure you have the part numbers for each component of the tailgate grille asembly but if not, let me know.
Good luck
Chris
Chris Davies
1972 Series 3 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
john g
Great Britain

#5 Re: rear hatch chrome grill

Post by john g » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm

hi thank you i have phoned them they have the mesh in the box and are looking to see if the chrome grill has been taken out of its box and put somewhere. i will try some more thank you

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic