UPDATE ON IMPORTED 2 PLUS 2 V12 1971

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Ole-xke1974
Great Britain

#21 Re: UPDATE ON IMPORTED 2 PLUS 2 V12 1971

Post by Ole-xke1974 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:12 pm

I found the time to change my diagram to include the high speed changeover relay.
When this extra relay is not engaged, it simply routes the 12V from the original relay through terminal 87A to the low speed terminals on the VAG fans. 5.8A each, a total of just over 11Amps.
When the relay is engaged, it changes the routing of the 12V from the original relay to terminal 87 to the high speed terminals on the VAG fans and also disconnects the low speed feed. The current is in this case 12.2A per fan motor, a total of just under 25Amps. All well within the original wiring, relay and fuse ratings.
The otter switch override switch and high speed switch I plan to realize by using an original heater fan switch part number 39600. I may have to come up with some creative wiring if it doesn't provide the functionality I'm looking for. Which is, I want to be able to override the otter switch and have the high speed at the same time and that requires the otter override to be active when I switch to high speed. If not, a couple of diodes should do it.
I'll keep you posted.

1974 SIII E-Type w. XJ S2 4sp w. O/D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic