Topic author
MLBS3V12
France

#21 Re: Help for the wiring loom

Post by MLBS3V12 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:38 pm

MarekH wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
Dear Michel,

While you have all of that apart, cut yourself an access hole and make a cover plate at the bottom front right of the transmission tunnel cover, so you have good access to the clutch slave cylinder and can easily bleed the clutch without dismantling half of the car or having to crawl underneath it to do so.

kind regards
Marek
Thank you for your remark Marek. Have you been exposed to the case ?
Le chemin sera long!...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
MLBS3V12
France

#22 Re: Help for the wiring loom

Post by MLBS3V12 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Thank you Colin,

your information will help soon as I' m close from connecting the brake items.
these last days, I've reconnected all to make the following functions running well:
-wippers motor ith the 2 speeds
-washer engine
-all thre rear lights exept the reverse ones.
Because I do not changed the wiring looms, I've faced contacts problems such a the ones on the folloing pictures:

a connector for 4 cables broken and with a lot of oxyd.
Mechanically speaking, the connector did the job but of course not electrically :hammerdrill:

Or this other exemple

and this final one for which I do not have an explanation. It was on the car before and in the connector there is one bullet which has never been soldered before and crimped neither! :banghead:

Finally funny, but after the problem. It is time consuming to find such issues.
Le chemin sera long!...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vee12eman
Kiribati

#23 Re: Help for the wiring loom

Post by vee12eman » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:53 am

Hi Michel,

Wow, now you're asking! it's been nearly 10 years since I wired the car, on looking at the photo initially and comparing to my car, I had no idea. However, looking at my old photos (which I think you said you still have?), it looks like the cable might be the supply cable to the Choke Warning Switch. I will attach the photos, but if you do still have the cd of photos I sent, look in the electrics section at photos 379 and 382. They show a cable looking similar to the one you have highlighted, albeit on my old loom, it also has the protective black sleeve, I think because it passes through structure on the way to the switch. A check of the wiring diagram shows this cable should be green.

Hope that helps,

Simon

Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic