BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

lowact
Australia

#2 Re: s3 automatic gearbox cooler pipes

Post by lowact » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 am

If you do find some, they will most likely be straight, with fittings, that you will need to bend into shape yourself. If necessary any hydraulic (e.g. brake or steering) shop should be happy to make parts up for you if you know the length and the end flare and fitting required. Don't skimp on the quality of the bending tool, getting a good result can be very difficult and unreliable with a cheap and nasty tool. More reliable if made of steel and using rollers. For C33399 and C33400 the pipe is smallish dia and the bends are obtuse so should (?) be straight forward. For larger diameter, acute bends, the trick is to make absolutely sure that the pipe cannot slide during the bending process, otherwise it will kink for sure. I find a pipe clamp, on the pipe to act as a stop, works well. I also ended up getting my own flaring tools, same criteria, cheap and nasty doesn't work, good quality tools make it easy, speaking from experience. Now I have rolls of bundy pipe and boxes of fittings, the advantage being piping whenever I want that can be subtly neater than otherwise possible.
Regards,
ColinL
'72 OTS manual V12

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Colin
Great Britain

#3 Re: s3 automatic gearbox cooler pipes

Post by Colin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 am

Have you tried Norman Motors - they show C33339 (Rear RET pipe) in stock but not C33400
Might be worth a try 0207 431 0940
V12 Series III 2+2 1973

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic