Scale model

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
Pgxxl
Great Britain

#1 Scale model

Post by Pgxxl » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Anyone know of a company manufacturing scale models of series 3 roadster?
1972 OTS
Opalescent silver blue
Purchased Oct 2020

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vee12eman
Kiribati

#2 Re: Scale model

Post by vee12eman » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi,

If you mean a Die-cast model, then there are several. The best are from Auto Art, who make a 1/43 model in various colours. Not sure if they are still in production, but they’re usually on ebay, there’s one with item number (just type into the eBay search box): 402451374265

I don’t have one of the OTS models, as I have a FHC car, I do have an FHC model and it is very nice, better than the Oxford version, which has the wrong shape rear quarter windows.

Auto Art also do a very nice 1/18 model which is an OTS (roadster, if you prefer), and is very good. I have a copy of this and it is lovely, but expensive. It’s also out of production so you have to look on eBay etc. and of course it’s normally described as a rare collectors item and priced accordingly. I just held out until I managed to get a private sale at reasonable cost. I can’t find one for sale at the moment, so perhaps they are getting hard to find now. (Edit: here is one in Australia, eBay number 323970192077). Available in red silver and I think green.

In the same scale, there are (I think) two others, one by Road Signature, try eBay item number 233608382871 and another I think, but I can’t remember who the manufacturer is, (edit, Yat Ming, who I discovered also do a 1/43 OTS model: eBay item no. 264782584283 ) I think it’s actually be the same model but re-branded. This is not as nice as the Auto Art version, I don’t have one but I have seen it. It’s much cheaper and not bad from memory. Available in various colours, including red, green and silver.

I don’t think there’s a kit of the Series 3 in any form, oh and there’s a couple of Series I models advertised incorrectly as Series’s III, so beware.

There may be other models, but I don’t generally search for the OTS version as I have the FHC.

Regards,

Simon

1/43 Auto Art (black) and Oxford (maroon)

1/18 Auto Art

Sorry the images are a little dark.
Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic