Air Cleaner Plumbing S3 V12

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
Colin
Great Britain

#1 Air Cleaner Plumbing S3 V12

Post by Colin » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:46 am

Hi Chaps
I apologise in advance as this is a well trodden subject and is different with the export cars but I have searched through the topics but can't find my answer. My car is a June 1973 Build UK spec S3 V12 Auto 2+2 (Engine 7S11196SA/Chassis IS51856BW) pretty much unmolested at the time when I removed the air cleaners intact about 12 years ago and took many photos but as is always the case not one specific to the plumbing of the air cleaners. I have an old photo of the RH unit just before I was about to refurbish them with the two pipes coming from the AC internal temperature sensors - one long one short. These are exactly as taken from the car (ie) I didn't remove or replace anything. I know that when I eventually fit the air cleaners the long one will attach to the front of the unit which controls the flap and the short one will attach to the RH rear inlet manifold and the same on the LHS equivalent. The pipes seem to be of the correct length to achieve this The two front inlet manifolds will be plugged with C37021 Blanking plugs.

Hopefully so far I am on the right track ??

My problem is that at the same time I also took off the car two pipes of the same bore size as above which is shown on page 30.50 of the parts manual. This is two pipes with a joining piece C34935 shown at the top of the page. This is where I cannot remember or find any photos as to where this goes. I also have a short pipe about 8-10inches long. As they both came off the car all those years ago I cannot see where they go back.

I wondered if anybody has had a similar experience or has a photo that they can share

Many thanks for any assistance

Colin W
S3 V12 1973 2+2 Auto
Attachments
Air Cleaners.jpeg
Air Cleaners.jpeg (62.29 KiB) Viewed 899 times
AC Temperature.jpeg
AC Temperature.jpeg (54.38 KiB) Viewed 899 times
V12 Series III 2+2 1973

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jagwit
South Africa

#2 Re: Air Cleaner Plumbing S3 V12

Post by jagwit » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:53 pm

Colin wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:46 am
I know that when I eventually fit the air cleaners the long one will attach to the front of the unit which controls the flap and the short one will attach to the RH rear inlet manifold and the same on the LHS equivalent.

Hopefully so far I am on the right track ??
This is correct, yes. You can verify that the servo is working simply by sucking on the pipe going to it.
Best Regards
Philip
Jag: 72 S3 XKE, 74 S3 XKE OTS, 80 XJS (Megasquirt + 5sp manual O/D)
Jensen: 74 Interceptor (EFI by Megasquirt + O/D 4sp auto)
Chev: 59 Apache std, 70 C10 (350V8, 700R4)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic