Petrol Pump

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
Will Caradoc-Hodgkins

#1 Petrol Pump

Post by Will Caradoc-Hodgkins » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Me again
My petrol pump is beginning to play up. Given it looks like it was designed by I K Brunell its hardly surprisng.
A fully electronic SU replacement is some ?200+ wheras I know other pumps are a lot cheaper.
As I don't give a rats ass about originality for an item you cannot see I want to fit a more modern reliable design pump.
Does anyone know of a type/make etc that will fit and supply the right level of fuesl at the right pressure?
In fact does anyone know what the pressure and volume should be for a V12 fitted with SU's?
Cheers
Will

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Will

The Facet pump is used fairly widely http://www.temple-tuning.co.uk/facet-fu ... QgodD3oz4Q . The Pn40105 is the one. It is an aircraft grade unit so it is reliable but you will probably need to install a pressure regulator for the SU's e.g. Filter King (have a look in the Restoration/Upgrade forum for my experiences with the Filter King).

The SU's, at least on the S1 cars, require a pressure of about 2psi although the SU pump does produce pulses of up to 3.5psi. I guess an SU equipped V12 will be about the same. Facet pumps are usually about 5 psi hence the use of the Filter King.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Will Caradoc-Hodgkins

#3 Petrol Pump

Post by Will Caradoc-Hodgkins » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 pm

David
It just so happens I have just bought a filter king and puel pressure guage in anticipation of a new pump.
I' look into the one you have suggested/
Cheers
Will

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic