Valuation.

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
Pbirty
Great Britain

#21 Re: Valuation.

Post by Pbirty » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Hello.
The car has had a nut and bolt restoration. It's been kept to it's original colour scheme that is old English white. I made sure the re-trim done by Aldridge in Wolverhampton was as close a colour to it's original. The engine and gearbox are original also having a full rebuild. It still has its original wheels, I considered buying a new set but didn't want to part with the ones it's always had. They could do with a refurb though. It has about 3 miles on it since the full restoration. I have just applied for the reg change as it's a USA LHD car. I didn't want to
Swap it to UK rhd as keeping as original as possible has always been the goal. If some who owns it in the future wants to do this then it's up to them. I will put a few miles on it when I get the UK plates on it to make sure it has no problems. I'm getting the car professionaly detailed in the next few weeks and photographed ready for sale. I'll update this post with some pictures when I have them. Cheers Paul

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#22 Re: Valuation.

Post by cactusman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm

There have been many valuations threads....always remember that an insurance valuation will be higher than you can realistically expect to sell the car for in most cases.....a buyer will usually find something "wrong" to get the price down a bit. On the other side of the coin if your car has a famous or infamous previous owner that can increase the value compared to a similar car with no glamour history....
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Pbirty
Great Britain

#23 Re: Valuation.

Post by Pbirty » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Hello.
The cars original purchaser was a Robert h Widmer. He was the vice President of general dynamics in the USA. He was the lead designer of the f16 along with alot of other aircraft designs. I have quite a bit of correspondence from him to jaguar regarding warranty work from new. I have all teh original purchase receipt along with that warranty and service booklets. I have been in contact with his son and daughter who remember the car and loved seeing it again restored to its former glory.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#24 Re: Valuation.

Post by cactusman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Hmmmm....not sure Robert H Widmer would be that well known in the UK but the receipts etc certainly help. Shame it was not owned by Elvis or Madonna...or Steve McQueen....that would add a zero or two....fame is a funny thing.....
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JJC
United States of America

#25 Re: Valuation.

Post by JJC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 pm

What a great way to sell a car !! Ask for a valuation, and everybody jumps in with a response that may, or may not help, while the owner goes on and on about all he has done, all the detail work, who did what, pictures, etc. Absolutely great way to sell a Series 1 Jag.......just talk it up with Series i owners and fans !!

This chap knows how to restore a car to near perfection, but has no idea of its value ??? C'mon !!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Pbirty
Great Britain

#26 Re: Valuation.

Post by Pbirty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Hello.
"Near perfection" thanks for that👍 The car was my father's who sadly passed away half way through the restoration leaving me to get the job finished. I'm a 39 year old caravan builder so was and still am a bit out of my depth with a restoration like this. All the main points of the restoration were all in place bar the interior. I got advice on here where to send it to that's why it went to Aldridge. I genuinely don't know the value of the car that's why I asked for advice on here and did get some thanks! When I do get the the point of selling the car I'll find a good platform to do it from.
Cheers Paul

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#27 Re: Valuation.

Post by cactusman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 pm

It looks lovely. When and if you do come to sell seek advice from someone with e type expertise who can evaluate the car in person and suggest a realistic sale price. Any experienced auction house or classic car vendor should be able to do this and will, or should, know what the market conditions are like when you decide to sell....mean time good luck..and do drive it before you sell it :bigrin:
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

driver
Great Britain

#28 Re: Valuation.

Post by driver » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:04 am

Hi rob Gill here , i noticed on viklas post a value chart , what are the yellow triangles for by some models?
Thanks Rob Gill.
v12 etype 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vikla
Great Britain

#29 Re: Valuation.

Post by vikla » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:15 am

The yellow triangles show if the prices have been changed since the previous version of the data. In both cases in the table they have gone up.
Steve
S1 4.2 FHC 1966

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic