Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Thim
Norway

#1 Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Thim » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Hello from Norway! I'm relatively new here and want to introduce myself and get to know the community. I got my Jaguar Etype s1 2+2 when I was 15 and it needed full restoration. (see pictures) 😯now I'm 22, finished school and have become a mechanic (naturly...) and are now studying on to become a sivil marine-ingeneer. I'm interested in how things work, and much of the E-Type ingeneering fascinates me. I'm nearly done with the car but only have about 9 weeks a year beacuse of school far away from the car when I can actually work on it, so it might take some more years. Every nut and bolt, washer you name it have been sandblasted, elektro plated, primed painted and clearcoated! Many of the bolts have been changed to stainless steel so I expect no rust marks for many, many years of use. Anyway, the car will always stay in my possession, I'm never ever selling it. Therfore it have been built for my liking. The colour imitates a blood candy paint, but it's just a two stage paintjob- so easier to fix if I get a damage It really shows the beautiful curves of the car. Just yesterday I ordered alot of leather which I haved reaserched alot for a nice match with the red colour of the car. It's semi-anilin of very high quality, and I look forward to work on the interior this summer :) Probably will give out some updates if people are interested 😊👍

Jaguar E-type s1, 1967 2+2. Under restoration by myself, slowly seeing the light at the end of the tunnel 👍

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by malcolm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! An E Type at 15? You're a lucky man! But great to see the hard work you are putting into it.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#3 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by mgcjag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 am

Hi..Welcome to the forum...great story.....we need younger E type enthusiasts. ....whats your name....please try to put it with your name in the signature area.....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Quattrofrank
Norway

#4 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Quattrofrank » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am

Welcome :bigrin:
I guess you were the one that purchased the bonnet off my car.
Good to see that the project is progressing

And to the old guys in the club: There are plenty of younger guys waiting to take over your car :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#5 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by cactusman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Fifteen!!!!!!!!!! I was 15 in 1979.....took me another 33 years to get mine so WELL DONE. Welcome to the forum. There are people on here who can answer anything and everything about e types - sadly I am not one of them but I try!

Julian
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Thim
Norway

#6 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Thim » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Quattrofrank wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am
Welcome :bigrin:
I guess you were the one that purchased the bonnet off my car.
Good to see that the project is progressing

And to the old guys in the club: There are plenty of younger guys waiting to take over your car :lol:
Probably is, funny to find you here :) that bonnet certainly saved me alot of time. I guess this looks familiar?

Jaguar E-type s1, 1967 2+2. Under restoration by myself, slowly seeing the light at the end of the tunnel 👍

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Quattrofrank
Norway

#7 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Quattrofrank » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Yes, very familiar :)
Good to see your project in here

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JerryL770
Great Britain

#8 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by JerryL770 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:24 pm

Welcome Thim!

Fantastic job you are doing. I was only doing bicycles at 15!! You have clearly done plenty of homework or have an experienced guide. Excellent back axle work :smile:

Only thing for me is I don't like to see a car in all one colour, inside and out which is why I changed my interior to red. I hate a black car inside and out - hee hee!
Jerome Lunt
1970 S2 FHC - Dark Blue, Red Interior, MX5 Seats
2008 MX-5 NC PRHT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Thim
Norway

#9 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Thim » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:10 pm

JerryL770 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:24 pm
Welcome Thim!

Fantastic job you are doing. I was only doing bicycles at 15!! You have clearly done plenty of homework or have an experienced guide. Excellent back axle work :smile:

Only thing for me is I don't like to see a car in all one colour, inside and out which is why I changed my interior to red. I hate a black car inside and out - hee hee!
Oh, yes I see I formulated myself a little wrong there. The interior will not be red! but brown/orange with smud texture and a little glow to it. At least that's what I'm aiming for. Some of the samples are in the picture below, I have choosen nr 2 from the left. Looks better in real life of course. Want it to feel sporty, but still classy. To get the more sporty feel I'm considering to have the piping switch to double stitching... Never seen an etype that have double stitch everywhere on the interior so if anyone have a picture, please share 😊

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bfastr
United States of America

#10 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Bfastr » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:02 pm

I think a nice baseball glove colored brown will look great with your red choice.
I have seen pictures with contrasting piping that didnt look too bad. although I am not for a big contrast, so it depends on the colors
Bob F

69 S2 E-type OTS LHD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#11 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by SEJohnson95 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Welcome, Thim!

Amazing job, and great to have another young E-Type enthusiast on board (there's Steve Foden, who restored a lovely 4.2 OTS with his Dad a while back) and me knocking around here from time-to-time. I'm almost 24 and certainly nowhere near acquiring an E-Type. I would love to get better at the mechanical side of things myself too. You seem to be in the best position for your restoration!

Look forward to seeing more progress

Cheers

Simon
Simon Johnson
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Nottingham
E-type Club magazine contributor
Chasing the dream of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Thim
Norway

#12 Re: Hello all, young Etype owner joining the club :)

Post by Thim » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:36 am

Cool, when you get one don't hassitate to ask if you need any help, love to learn while helping others and share the knowledge I have gotten so far. Plus I have 5000 pics of nearly every part and how they go togheter 😉

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic