Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Technical advice Q&A

Philk
Great Britain

#21 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Philk » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:28 pm

johnetype wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:10 pm
Steve, I do wonder if the inclusion of a letter from one of the DVLA "Approved" Car Clubs such as from Keith Vincent at the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club to validate the existence of your car with your original application would have been easier than dealing with SGS. It will be interesting to follow how it turns out.
I had already supplied such a letter with my V55 application and there was still an SGS inspection (on the basis that the JEC letter would normally be done on the back of photos whereas SGS look at the car in real life and take the photos themselves).
Phil
1964 S1 3.8 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Steve1967
Great Britain

#22 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Steve1967 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks John, thats a damned good idea and even though the DVLA pack didn't ask for this, if I include such a letter it may just short circuit the whole process and avoid the SCS interview.

I think its worth a bit of trouble to do it so I will get on the case and contact the JEC. Is there anyone within the EType Club who do this?

I will of course report back on progress for anyone else doing the same, but it may be a few months yet.

Best regards and thank you for all the helpful responses.

Steve
Steve living in Tewkesbury, UK
1967 E Type 4.2 series 1 OTS
1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

david.coan
Great Britain

#23 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by david.coan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:36 pm

I went through this process in October, i arranged a letter from the JEC confirming they were satisfied it was original e type car, which i included in my V55/5 submission, but a few weeks later the DVLA wrote and said i needed to arrange for an inspection by SCS. So the JEC letter did not help me avoid the extra delay. Earliest inspection available was about 3 weeks wait to the post code igave them when i rang them. The car was not roadworthy at the time of the inspection as it was in the midst of a RHD conversion. But this was not an obstacle, a very quick inspection followed and 2 weeks later i had my new registration details. I have imported 2 other cars in last 5 years, neither had the DVLA asking for an inspection and in both apllications i did not have an MG or an AH owners club supporting letter. So my experience is the supporting letter might help but not greatly and perhaps inspections are becoming more common.
David
1968 S1.5 OTS, ex USA converted to RHD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nick V12 e type
Great Britain

#24 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Nick V12 e type » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Hello,
I’ve run into a concern following sending off the first registration pack to the DVLA a few weeks ago. I followed the guidance earlier in this post which was really helpful however I’ve come unstuck!

The VIN number on my USA V12 starts with 2 letters ‘UC’, I understand from the Jaguar Heritage site that U stands for USA export and C is the date code for 1972.

UC is stamped on the car VIN plate and the car bulk head as expected. It is also noted on the Jaguar Heritage Certificate.

When I completed the DVLA form I also included UC with the VIN number. DVLA has written to me requesting photos of the cars VIN plate as they are querying why the USA title document has the UC omitted as has the NOVA certificate. DVLA have pointed out how I can have the NOVA certificate amended to match.

I’m concerned that I can’t do anything to correct the USA title document and not sure at this stage if this will block me gaining an age appropriate plate.

Has anyone bumped into the same issue?

Thanks
Nick

e type series 3 V12 2+2 1972, BMW iX 2023

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#25 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by mgcjag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:39 am

Hi Nick....I suggest you contact keith.vincent@uwclub.net he is the JEC adviser to all things relating to registration and should be able to help...Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nick V12 e type
Great Britain

#26 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Nick V12 e type » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:58 am

Hi Steve, thanks for your suggestion, I contacted JEC yesterday as it happens, they have been very helpful and offered to support my revised DVLA submission. I’m dealing with Graham who is clearly vary experienced with the process. I’ve also contacted the NOVA department and they are in the process of changing and reissuing a revised certificate.
I’m not there yet but on the way for getting this sorted out.
I will post an update with when I’m issued with my new number plate.

Thank you again

Kind regards
Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nick V12 e type
Great Britain

#27 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Nick V12 e type » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello

I'm pleased to confirm that I have now received my V5 from DVLA with my new UK registration number.

After my initial application was rejected I contacted the NOVA Team and requested that the VIN number for my car was corrected in their records. I sent photos and a few days later I received a new NOVA letter with the correct VIN number.

In the interim I spoke with Graham Searle at the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club (I'm a member). Graham was very willing to support me with a revised DVLA application, I forwarded the document pack to him with photos and copies of the Heritage Certificate. I understand that Graham wrote a letter supporting my First Registration application and forwarded the documents on to DVLA week starting 23 September. Three weeks later I have the new V5.

Kind regards

Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rem1858
Great Britain

#28 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by rem1858 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:34 pm

Apologies for the thread revival, but I recently went through the whole V55/5 form process myself.

I found this post which was a godsend in dealing with the forms, and figured it could be useful for others looking this topic up on here. https://www.spannerrash.com/how-to-fill-in-a-v55-form/

Cheers! :mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rubyfloriley
Great Britain

#29 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by rubyfloriley » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:58 pm

My first application has been rejected by DVLA stating the etype club letter of support does not prove when the vehicle was built they pointed me to JEC or JDC i think i will get it inspected by a recognised firm experienced in this can anyone advise further.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#30 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Gfhug » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:33 pm

Why not speak to the JDC or JEC, for the cost of a year’s membership they could get you sorted. They are far more respected by the DVLA
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#31 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by mgcjag » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:35 pm

Do you have a heritage certificate?......Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rubyfloriley
Great Britain

#32 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by rubyfloriley » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:56 pm

Yes and I sent a coloured copy of the heritage certificate to DVLA who also stated the vehicle was not inspected by the E type club.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul bow
Great Britain

#33 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Paul bow » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi I have just received mine back from the dvla.. here’s what I sent them..
Heritage cert, letter from club JEC, nova certificate and the title (USA car) along with the receipt of purchase and a recent bank statement and driving licence photo copied. Took about 3 weeks to come through. Did you fill the v55 in properly? You don’t have to fill all of it in only the obvious, one of the questions is year if manufacture, just a thought
Good luck
Previously...S1 OTS E type (sold)
S1 2+2 manual. (Sold)
S2 rhd OTS full resto finished 8/23
S1 3.8 coupe (full restoration yet to start!)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

16024d
Great Britain

#34 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by 16024d » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:18 am

I received V5 last week.I originally sent usa title, heritage certificate, nova letter and purchase receipt all original.
No MOT or letter from any club. A week later an inspection was carried out at my home, took 10 minutes.
5 days later received V5.
They separately sent back my documents but usa title and purchase receipt missing.
I found it a very quick process. I was informed the car had to be completed before the inspection could be carried out.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nick V12 e type
Great Britain

#35 Re: Importing V55/5 Reg document pic ?

Post by Nick V12 e type » Wed May 11, 2022 8:19 pm

I had excellent support from JEC after my first application was rejected.

I was very grateful for their support and worth my membership subs 10 X over.

Kind regards

Nick

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic