Power and tourque??????

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
dal2.0litrefrogeye
Great Britain

#1 Power and tourque??????

Post by dal2.0litrefrogeye » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm

So I'm down in the south of France on holiday , and what am I thinking about ??? Yep my E just booked it in for the 24th of August on the rolling road for mapping and carb set up for power runs , basically it's final set up now I've run it in ,
So just being nosey ? those that have been on rollers what tourque has yours made and power with what mods , .
Mines a vse 02 build with some more aggressive cams (A4?if I remember rightly or it could be A14 ??? ) I'm hoping for over 300 , may be nearer 350 lb of tourque .
Its a way of life not a hobby
Darren . 64 4.2 modded 69 4.2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#2 Re: Power and tourque??????

Post by christopher storey » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:15 pm

The same car on different rolling roads can produce significantly different results, thus comparing your result with those of another car on another rolling road is liable to be misleading. The real use of a road is for tuning in the same session which with a selection of distributor setting and carb needles can often produce significant improvements . If you have a search through David Jones's threads ( Heuer ) he has definitely posted his details on his OTS which has a quite similar spec to yours

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#3 Re: Power and tourque??????

Post by Heuer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Yes, this is my car:

VSE02, modified cams, cast manifolds, ITG air filter, V-Power fuel, 1.75" exhaust with straight through silencers and EDIS/Megajolt with custom map (done by Hi-Tech Motorsport when it was on their rolling road). Figures are at the wheels - add 17% - 20% for at the flywheel. With your tubular manifolds I would expect to see a big torque dip between 2,250 and 2,750 rpm. This was my car when it had tubular manifolds and pre EDIS/Megajolt:

Recent thread discussing it here: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?p=117733#p117733
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
dal2.0litrefrogeye
Great Britain

#4 Re: Power and tourque??????

Post by dal2.0litrefrogeye » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi David , what carbs are you running and what size were the primary tubes on the tubular manifolds you tried ?
Regards ,Darren
Ps what does your engine rev to
Last edited by dal2.0litrefrogeye on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
dal2.0litrefrogeye
Great Britain

#5 Re: Power and tourque??????

Post by dal2.0litrefrogeye » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:03 pm

christopher storey wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:15 pm
The same car on different rolling roads can produce significantly different results, thus comparing your result with those of another car on another rolling road is liable to be misleading. The real use of a road is for tuning in the same session which with a selection of distributor setting and carb needles can often produce significant improvements . If you have a search through David Jones's threads ( Heuer ) he has definitely posted his details on his OTS which has a quite similar spec to yours
Yes your quite right about power out puts varying at different R R centres , this is why I always use the same place , but it was just a general nosy question :bigrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#6 Re: Power and tourque??????

Post by Heuer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Darren

I am using SU's with UO needles set up on the rolling road. The original manifolds were 2" pipes - Classic Fabs system - with 1.75" venturi's in the silencers. The torque dip was horrible despite the venturi's for a road car and we worked hard to try an get rid off it by adjusting the cams. In the end I went back to the cast manifolds and 1.75" exhaust and it was a huge improvement. My Megajolt rev limiter is soft set to 5,500 rpm but I rarely get beyond 4,000 rpm in deference to other traffic and retaining my licence.

The car has a 2.88 diff (should have gone for 3.07) and 5 speed box and it is really setup for touring but to be honest it is just too fast for UK roads. I spend most of the time in third gear! with the Megajolt I have a real time switchable map which allows me to have a docile car (Kingzett's map) or the hooligan machine (Hi-Tech Motorsport custom map) at the flick of a switch.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic