New Member from Austria!

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
go.ran
Austria

#1 New Member from Austria!

Post by go.ran » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:43 am

Hi All,

my name is Goran and I am proud owner of the Jaguar E-Type 4.2 GTSpirit in 1:12 scale :bigrin:
Yeah, been in love with this car for quite some time but I traveled and moved a lot in the last 10 years (Middle East and the UK)... so hopefully I'll finally manage to settle here in beautiful Vorarlberg region - Austria and dedicate myself in finding the perfect E-Type... or two 8-) 8-)

My perfect pair to have (and my wife would agree) would be:
'68-'70 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 S2 2+2 Coupe, Silver or Green with beige interior
and
'70-'73 Jaguar E-Type V12 S3 Roadster, Silver or White with red interior.
Automatic or manual, this is something to be discussed.

I've been driving automatic almost whole my life but I do appreciate a great GT with a "stick".
Never had a chance to drive a Classic, but I did have a pleasure to drive Aston Martin V8 Vantage with manual and a Ferrari F430 with F1 auto at the Silverstone race track few years back.
I would always pick an Aston Martin before a Ferrari.

There is something special about British Classics that I do love and appreciate.
Aston Martin DB5 also shares the top spot with Jaguar E-Type as my favourite classic, that is why I have both of them in my private collection - in 1:12 scale for now :bigrin:

There is an interesting story about my GTSpirit 1:12 Jaguar E-Type and Aston Martin DB5...
I've purchased them both just recently from random sellers, brand new packed and sealed.
They are both limited editions: Aston Martin DB5 with 999 pcs and Jaguar E-Type with only 1000 made.
The best part of the story is when I opened the boxes and took them out of the packaging, I figured out that both of them have the same limited edition production number: 377! How freaking amazing was that?! Not sure if I'll ever be able to cash on this rarity, but it sure feels special 8-)

I am also a fan of McLaren F1 team with Senna being my favourite ever driver (Hakkinen and Hamilton are right there behind Senna). Had a pleasure to visit McLaren Technology Centre in Woking which was a mind blowing experience. Did I mention that I also have in my collection a '88 McLaren MP4/4 in 1:12 scale :bigrin: Simply said this is the most successful and most beautiful Formula One car of all time.

After a lot of research I purchased two books that should keep me busy and help me choose my perfect E-Type:
Jaguar E-Type: The Definitive History from Philip Porter (2015) and
Jaguar E-Type: The Originality Guide to the Jaguar E-Type Mk2 (Factory-Original) from Anders Ditlev Clausager (2012).

Image Image

In the end just a remark regards to design of the website, from someone who finished web design 15 years ago... we should be looking into creating a new modern but "classic" logo with possibly original 'Jag' fonts, and the website... needs a thorough overhaul :bigrin: If someone is already working on this let me know if I can help... would love to be a part of this project.

Not to make this introduction too long, just wanted to say that I am excited to be part of the E-Type Club and Forum and I"m looking forward in getting to know Jaguar E-Type enthusiasts from Austria and all over the world!

Cheers!!!
G.
Last edited by go.ran on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cactusman
Great Britain

#2 Re: New Member from Austria!

Post by cactusman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm

Welcome :bigrin: I hope you realise your dream and get the car (or cars!) You want. Being of more mature vintage than a Ferrari 430 there will be trials and tribulations but the forum is here to help.
Julian the E-type man
1962 FHC
1966 MGB....fab little car too

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
go.ran
Austria

#3 Re: New Member from Austria!

Post by go.ran » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Thank you Julian.
This seems to be a great place with great people and vast amount of useful information.
For sure I'll have a lot of questions and I'm looking forward to our discussions.
Cheers!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#4 Re: New Member from Austria!

Post by mgcjag » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi G.....welcom to the forum...im sure you will find lots of usefull information.....Just the let you know the E Type club and this forum are totaly seperate.....so you dont need to be an E type club member to use this forum....we have nothing to do with the E Type club so if you think their website needs a "thorough overhaul "then please take it up with them if you are a paying member.....Steve .
.PS can you please add your name to the signature area...
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
go.ran
Austria

#5 Re: New Member from Austria!

Post by go.ran » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Thanks Steve, I added my name into signature. I was pretty sure I needed to be a club member to access the forum, so thanks for the heads up on this... I just learned something today :-D

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#6 Re: New Member from Austria!

Post by malcolm » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:47 am

Hi and welcome!
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!