SNGB Web Feedback

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#1 SNGB Web Feedback

Post by JulianBarratt » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:57 am

Dear E-type forum folks,
I hope everyone is staying safe in these challenging times.
For those of you either home "working", self isolating or otherwise with time on your hands and a computer screen in front of you - i have something for you to pass the time if you need it...
Last Friday we introduced a range of new features in our "Find Parts" journey online to try to make the process of finding the parts for your car faster and simpler - and we would welcome any feedback!
Note that these changes only apply in the "find parts" area of the site and not elsewhere on the site - https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK ... s/Families - is the link for UK customers.
A few areas to look out for that have been changed:
1. The "My Garage" feature allows you to load up your own car details into your account and the website will then default search by your car.
2. Assembly illustations - we have made a number of changes to the schematic illustrations to make them clearer as well as display the availabilty and part options earlier in the process.
3. Shipping options and costs will be displayed at the part stage if you are logged in to give you some idea of the likely cost of shipping before you add a part to your basket.
And a host of other smaller features.
So, if you have some time on your hands and fancy a browse, feedback would be most welcome - either through the forum (i will be checking back) or via the contact page of our site. Finally, if you just want to say "better or worse" than how the site was before, there is a pop-up on the site currently allowing this feedback.
Note that, as a disclaimer, i did check with one of the moderators on this site that i was ok to but up this post and he said it was ok and i would like to stress that there is no purchase pressure - i just know that the E-type Forum members are a knowledgeable and discerning lot and might welcome the distraction in these unusual times!
All the best
Julian
Last edited by JulianBarratt on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by mgcjag » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Julian I was searching your site at the w/end and started to notice changes.....if i use the link you posted above i get similar information as i did previously.....however if i use the icon i have set on my tablet and go to your site i get a very different view with pictorials to select the sections im after....then got very confused i was looking for E type S2 2+2 final drive...... 14 assemblies were shown with 6 diagrams of the main body and output shafts....however none showed the o/p shaft seal for the (3rd type diff).. this is the usual link i follow .......... Steve
https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK ... layoutId=G
Just to add...useing your link i dont see a" My Garage" option...I see it in my link...im useing an android tablet with Chrome
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#3 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by JulianBarratt » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 am

Hi Steve,
thanks for the feedback - i think one of my team has already been in touch. I have also updated my link in the initial post as it was pointing to a previous version, apologies for this!
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#4 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by Heuer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:59 am

Looking and working well for me. Managed to add both cars and the parts display correctly. Will do more testing but nice work guys!
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

paulsco
Great Britain

#5 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by paulsco » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Probably not a problem to most, but I am using XP on one of my computers and is virtually impossible to select items and put them in the basket.

Paul
65 Series 1 FHC, 68 Jaguar 340

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#6 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by malcolm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Seemed to work for me. Signed in, added my car, went out, and next time "my garage" showed parts for my car.
Well done
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#7 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by JulianBarratt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:47 am

Thanks for the feedback above.
In response to a couple of the above - Steve, we have now resolved your issue i believe. This was actually an issue that was there before the changes we made but we have now sorted it. The area around the diff can be very hard to catalogue as there are a number of variants based on ratios etc and this data is constantly being worked on at our end.
With regards to the XP operating system issue - we think this will be down to the operating system so it may be time for an upgrade, especially if you are using Internet Explorer which has now reached the end of its life. We do try and keep the site operational for all browsers and operating systems but XP accounted for less than 1% of traffic last year so we have to draw the line somewhere - sorry!
Any other feedback also welcome...
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#8 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by mgcjag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:57 am

Hi Julian...thanks...I now see that you have added extra text to the pictorials detailing diff type which makes it much easier to use....keep up the good work....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MSM
Great Britain

#9 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by MSM » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:18 am

Hi Julian

Sometimes when I log into your site I get the new, much improved, version. Other times I still get the old, error message laden one. Can you remove the old one please?

Edit - I am talking about the parts listings, the new version starts with little pictures of Body Fittings, Body Shell and Panels etc, a bit like the Moss Europe site.
Last edited by MSM on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

1969 S2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nickleback
Great Britain

#10 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by Nickleback » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 am

Hi Julian,

Excellent work and big improvement, well done to the team.

Two observations, hopefully I was using the system correctly: :studyinggray:
My order history and details in my garage when logged in was out of date only showing 2 closed invoices from 2015/16. ?
My car was originally a XKE with a 2R chassis number, but when looking for parts specific to a chassis number range these were not showing ?
Mike,
1970 S2 FHC 2R28165

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

66an
Sweden

#11 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by 66an » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 am

Hi Julian
When using my android phone I can not pick parts from the illustrations as they do not load.
From the pc it works perfekt.
Mats
1966 S1 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#12 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by JulianBarratt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am

MSM wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:18 am
Hi Julian

Sometimes when I log into your site I get the new, much improved, version. Other times I still get the old, error message laden one. Can you remove the old one please?

Edit - I am talking about the parts listings, the new version starts with little pictures of Body Fittings, Body Shell and Panels etc, a bit like the Moss Europe site.
Hi Mike,
Many thanks for this feedback.
In respect to this specific issue - you may be picking up the old site from a bookmark or google search result. We have a redirect function coming that should be live tomorrow and resolve this.

Many thanks
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MSM
Great Britain

#13 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by MSM » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi Julian

Thanks for that, you are right, one day I'll get the hang of this new fangled technology!! :hammer: :wrench:
Mike

1969 S2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#14 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by JulianBarratt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Nickleback wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 am
Hi Julian,

Excellent work and big improvement, well done to the team.

Two observations, hopefully I was using the system correctly: :studyinggray:
My order history and details in my garage when logged in was out of date only showing 2 closed invoices from 2015/16. ?
My car was originally a XKE with a 2R chassis number, but when looking for parts specific to a chassis number range these were not showing ?
Hi Mike,
Thanks for this feedback.
With regards to your order history - this issue would usually arise if you have set up multiple accounts with us, using more than one email address. We can look into this for you if you drop us a line via email.
With regards to searching by chassis number - the search function doesnt allow this (yet) but certain parts ad assemblies within each model will show chassis and engine variances - I hope this helps and is an area we are continuing to work on.
Thanks again
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mephistopheles
Germany

#15 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by Mephistopheles » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 am

Dear Julian,
I appreciate the new version of SNGB homepage; it works well with both Windows 10 (Firefox) and iOS 13 (Safari). However, the German version still contains numbers of translation errors. I for myself prefer the English version because the German SNGB web confuses me.
Best regards
Holger
1973 manual LHD OTS E Type
Holger

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SimonBroberts
Great Britain

#16 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by SimonBroberts » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Hello there,

I've got a suggestion for some functionality that would have really helped me in the last week or so on your site...

If you don't know exactly which section the bit you want is illustrated you have the facility to do a search. I've found that although I can find a list of sometimes multiple parts that look right returned in the search results, they are out of context and you can't select one and navigate bank up the tree from that part to look at the illustration from where it came... Sometimes you have several similar parts and I don't know which is the right one..

I hope that's makes sense and is constructive.

In the meantime I'm going to have to phone up and get help which I'm sure you'd rather I didn't need to do! 🙄

Best wishes

Simon

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#17 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by JulianBarratt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 am

Hi Simon,
Many thanks indeed for this feedback and yes, i do understand the question/issue. What you are looking for is a "reverese look up" type functionality - so that you can see where on a car a particular part fits. We do have this functionality in the background but trying to make this user friendly is very challenging simply down to the number of times certain parts were used over multiple cars and multiple times in the same car.
If you take the example of most parts on the XK engine, these will appear across a huge range of vehicle applications and other parts will fit multiple times on the same vehicle - the same shakeproof washer, for example, fits in all of the below locations on a Series 1 3.8 DHC car:
BRAKE CONTROLS
CYLINDER BLOCK
FUEL SYSTEM
STEERING UNIT
TIMING GEAR
BODY PANELS
CLUTCH
BRAKE VACUUM & HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
AIR FILTER
EXHAUST SYSTEM & COMPONENTS
HOOD & HARDTOP ASSEMBLY

What we are planning to have in the future, is some functionality to be able to reverse search and filter by your car model - but that is some months away at the moment.
In the meantime, do feel free to chat to our team - they are all working from their homes at the moment so you want to be very glad they arent available to video chat as there is no certainty that they are fully dressed!
Thanks again and i hope this helps...
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MSM
Great Britain

#18 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by MSM » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 am

Hi Julian

The colour coding that you have introduced on the parts listings showing if parts are in stock, not in stock, unavailable etc is a clever touch. Very helpful.
Mike

1969 S2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

SimonBroberts
Great Britain

#19 Re: SNGB Web Feedback

Post by SimonBroberts » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi Julian

That will be good when you do and I think it's really doable as you have the relationships between car - section - part already mapped so going part - section - car should be easy for a genius 😂

In the meantime I'll phone up and prey I get someone dressed 😳

Thanks and stay safe

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic