Have I taken over the magazine?!

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#1 Have I taken over the magazine?!

Post by SEJohnson95 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:45 pm

For those of you who receive the E-Type Club magazine, I rather appear to have taken over this month! :lol:

I do hope you enjoy the two articles from me this month, I would love to know you thought they read :bigrin: The Mulhouse museum trip was adapted from my Forum write-up - you can find a condensed version if you search for "A month of automobile-related entertainment". For those of you who didn't read it the first time, this also features a trip of mine to the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart, the Austrian Grand Prix and a weekend road trip across five countries. None of them in an E-type but all good fun, although none of those are going to end up in the magazine any time soon!

The article on "Grandad's E-Type" is perhaps my favourite to date. I had a message from "Grandson" James yesterday - he's shown the whole family and they're delighted. A lovely way for them to remember one man and his beloved E-Type. This one had been written for about a year but we were waiting for the opportune sunny (and safe/legal) opportunity to get a load more photos done, the heritage certificate to come through and for James to have a root around the family home for some old photographs. It makes it all worthwhile in the end.

For those who don't get the magazine, here's a few photos of Grandad's car we took on a litte photoshoot up in the Peak District this summer

If any Forum members would be willing to share a similar story for the magazine, the Club would gladly assist you in putting pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) - we need more stories like that!
Simon Johnson
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Nottingham
E-type Club magazine contributor
Chasing the dream of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#2 Re: Have I taken over the magazine?!

Post by Barry » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:45 am

No apologies necessary. I enjoy reading your enthusiasm for all things E-type. I enjoy getting my own car published; to date 4 magazine publications and Octane to come in the 50th anniversary of the V12 engine and the S3. Well done, keep them coming.....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

1954Etype
Great Britain

#3 Re: Have I taken over the magazine?!

Post by 1954Etype » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:22 am

Simon, nicely written articles. Well done!
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
SEJohnson95
Great Britain

#4 Re: Have I taken over the magazine?!

Post by SEJohnson95 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:25 am

Thank you everyone :) It's nice to know I'm not writing complete rubbish, which I can guarantee is not always the case! Really enjoyed writing for the magazine, and will crack on with more soon :bigrin:
Simon Johnson
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Nottingham
E-type Club magazine contributor
Chasing the dream of a S1 4.2 OTS, but plan on getting an E ASAP!
Lucky passenger in a 1962 FHC - See restoration thread

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic