Series 3 Jacking Points

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Doddsy333

#1 Series 3 Jacking Points

Post by Doddsy333 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Can anyone with a Series 3 please help me with the correct location for where front and rear jacking points. My car has had new floors (and more) and these were no longer on the original (now cut up) floor panels. Many thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MLBS3V12
France

Post by MLBS3V12 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi,

I've taken some pics from my own S3 which is waiting for a new roof ut the floors are in good condition.
I hope this will help you.
Regards
Michel

Front

Rear
Le chemin sera long!...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Doddsy333

Post by Doddsy333 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Michel, thank you so much for these. This really helps! Best regards Nigel

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sjmmarsh
Great Britain

Post by Sjmmarsh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 am

I need the same help - with the pictures gone, I would appreciate help on how best to jack up a Series 3 and where to place axle stands.

Can anyone point me to where I can find instructions? I have a low trolley jack, but no power so don't have a 2 or 4 post lift.

Do ramps make it easier?

Steve

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MLBS3V12
France

Post by MLBS3V12 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi ,
I dont know why the pictures have gone.
I ll put them back when i ll be at home.
I m in Venise for a few days. I cant see any e type here!....
Only a Ferrari F1 in a shop.
Michel
Le chemin sera long!...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Michel

When you put photos on to Photobucket or any other picture hosting site you have to leave them there for eternity. The Forum servers do not have capacity to store the pictures, and if we wanted to we would have to charge members or add advertising :cry: So put your pictures on Photobucket and leave them there as there is no charge and they will never be deleted. The Forum can then link to them. If you find the photos just go back to your original post, click on the 'Edit' button and add the new links after deleting the old ones.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vrracing
United States of America

Post by vrracing » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

I have gotten into the habit of creating forum specific albums in photobucket. So for my sons' cars and the E-type I have MR2, RX7 and Jaguar albums. I have Forum albums and For Sale albums. The structure has evolved (badly) but if I was to do it over again it would look something like this...

MR2
Forum
For Sale
RX7
Forum
For Sale
Jaguar
Forum
For Sale

I keep the originals in the car's main album. If I share one of my pictures in a forum, I COPY it to the Forum album. And if I post a part for sale I COPY it into the For Sale folder.

The contents of the Forum folders have to remain untouched - forever. But the For Sale stuff is perishable and can be deleted once the items sell (or sent to salvage).

You might want to create a top level album Forums and then put car specific albums inside of that.

It's too bad Photobucket uses a URL to point to a picture instead of giving each picture a UUID and then parameterizing their URL (http://www.photobucket.com/vrracing/pho ... a0c91e6bf6). That way it would be independent of how the albums are organized.
70 E-type OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic