Edis megajolt " trigger-wheels.com"

Technical advice Q&A

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:41 pm

I have the EDIS/Megajolt and it is probably the biggest improvement you can make to an E-Type. This video posted by Dave Rawle says it all really: "In the process of installing EDIS and took a movie clip of the timing with dizzy first then EDIS. The 3 timing marks are TDC on the right then 5 and 10 degrees BTDC. "

Everything else you need to know is in the EDIS support thread: viewtopic.php?t=437
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

Post by Gfhug » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks David. In simple terms, much smoother running by the looks of that video.
Is it so much better than the simpler electronic dizzies by people like SimonBBC?

Edited to add, that's a long thread, hence that question. Would I see a reasonable improvement for circa ?100, but so much better for ?1300?
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
guyjohnwood@aol.com

Post by guyjohnwood@aol.com » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:21 pm

That's a good question from Steve, and one I would have asked. So looking forward to a view with anticipation.

Guy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:05 pm

That video compares a 123 with EDIS/Megajolt. The advantage is you can download different maps to optimise the engine throughout the range. I am biased because I am a huge fan.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Woolfi
Germany

Post by Woolfi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:12 pm

"The NODIZ Pro? is a state of the art microprocessor controlled digital stand-alone, fully mappable ignition controller for four cylinder spark ignition engines."
Fitting also to a V12 ?

Regards Wolfgang Gatza

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarekH
Great Britain

Post by MarekH » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:30 pm

I think if you want to make a comparison here, either price or feature-wise, you'd have to chose a product which has the ability to handle fuelling as the pro5 unit appears to have this option. It'd would be interesting to know what other features it has as this would make the analysis easier.

By way of comparison, I am running a dual-fuel v12 sequential ECU with fully mapped ignition and have access to change ANYTHING I like by plugging in a laptop and dialling it in. It'd be nice to know whether the pro5 gives the user the option of making such on-the-fly changes and also provides datalogging, diagnostic modes and autotune features or whether the user has to go back to the vendor cap in hand any time they want to change or simply understand what is going on.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WebconUK
Great Britain

Post by WebconUK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:12 am

Marek.

PRO5 will primarily be aimed at the "Premapped kit in a box" market, but it is an open system and the user (or preferably their chosen rolling road) will be able to make changes if required.

If you wish to take a look at the software, please download a copy from here http://www.webcon.co.uk/Download_Centre/index_new.html

On a stock (ish) engine, no changes will be needed, but if the engine is modified then the map can be changed accordingly. Logging is not included although it is possible we will include this in the future, and we will not be including autotune functionality as this has limited fuelling benefits and is unable to alter the ignition map.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

Post by Gfhug » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Martin, does your mounting system allow for cars with power steering, air conditioning where the pulleys may sit out further? If you read through the EDIS support thread David (Heuer) highlights you can see that spacers were needed to get the fit correct with some cars.

My car has slightly different pulleys to the water pump and alternator, seen on later S2s

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

WebconUK
Great Britain

Post by WebconUK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Geoff

This has been considered, and it will be possible to space the disk and sensor to suit AC and PAS cars, although at this stage we have not seen any so have not had a chance to actually do this and work out exactly what is needed.

If the demand justifies the extra development, we will perhaps look at a supplementary spacer kit to suit A/C and PAS cars

Martin

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

neal herridge
Great Britain

Post by neal herridge » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Steve.
Have you fitted one of the NODIZ units to an E-type, or do you know some one who has.
It would be good to get some feed back.
Thanks Neal.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

steve3.8
Great Britain

Post by steve3.8 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi Neal ,

No I have?nt fitted one to the E type but probably will do , i bought mine for the Lotus Elan [4 cyl ] , i have seen many fitted to 4 cylinder cars and everyone regards them highly , so it should be the same story for 6 cylinder ! .
It?s probably best to contact them direct and ask some questions if you have any doubts .
Steve3.8

64 3.8 fhc, 67 4.2 fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

neal herridge
Great Britain

Post by neal herridge » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Many thanks Steve.
I have emailed them & will post any more information when I get it.
Neal

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

neal herridge
Great Britain

Post by neal herridge » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Just an update re the Nodiz Pro.
They do not currently support it for 6 cylinder engines even though that's what the web site states.
They have said they are working on the programing to get it to work & that may be ready in about 6-8 weeks.
Odd thing though is the web site also states it can take Megajolt maps.
Neal.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Busboy
United States of America

#34 Re: Edis megajolt " trigger-wheels.com"

Post by Busboy » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:31 pm

Can anyone help me find a Livingston wiring loom kit? I bought a used 4.2 kit and traded for a used-secondary market 3.8 kit after Ray was no longer making the kits. The connectors were in pieces and according to Ray not correct. I have all hardware installed just need a wiring loom. Does anyone know if a trigger wheel loom will work? Which one? What vintage car from 30 years ago had the setup-Ford? I am desperate. Would buy a whole new kit just to get the correct loom. I cannot read electrical schematics-not my area of expertise. Has anyone fabricated their own whom I could hire to make me one?
Jim

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic