Questions!

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
RSM
Great Britain

#1 Questions!

Post by RSM » Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Rob Gill here,
Just joined forum im located in wolverhampton.
Mr car is white but i am not sure what shade.
I have just had logbook back from swansea ,is there a way i could find out the original shade of white now i have the chassis no.
Also i am thinking i may take off the cylinder heads ,looking in the repair operation manual it states that i will need jaguar specific tools ,where could i purchase these from.
Thanks RSM

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Start by getting a Jaguar Heritage certificate: http://www.jaguarheritage.com/heritage-certificate You can enter your car number into the XKEdata site and see if anything has been recorded: www.xkedata.com

According to Anders Clausager in his book 'Factory Original E-Type' the only white available was 'Old English White' and 134 S3 cars were so painted with Black, Dark Blue,French Blue, Biscuit or Red interiors. Jaguar records do show 25 cars being described as 'Cream' although these are mostly early LHD 2+2's and it was probably the same colour as the other 134. Paint code is ICI: PPG/Nexa 2379 or Glasso GIP 17067.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
RSM
Great Britain

#3 Paint colour

Post by RSM » Tue May 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Thanks Dave,my car was registered 01.01 71 and it has been imported from florida USA ,it also has a biscuit interior.
My first nugget of useful info.
Thank you so much.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

vee12eman
Kiribati

Post by vee12eman » Tue May 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the S3 2+2, just a note, if your car was really registered on 01 Jan 71 then;
a) It is a very early S3 - they weren't officially released until March 1971 and any car built in 1970 is normally considered a "pre-production" model. (mine was built late in January 1971 and is only the 97th RHD S3 2+2)
b) Who was open to register it on New Years' Day? :lol:

Either way, as David suggests, make enquiries of JDHT as this will give you much more information. You may even find that, if the car was that early and registered in the US, that it was a fairly significant "press" car - if I recall correctly, the Road & Track test drive involved a White S3 2+2...
Welcome and enjoy - I'll post an answer regarding the engine head puller in the Series 3 questions area, where you posted another enquiry - more will find it there.

Regards,

Simon
Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nickleback
Great Britain

Post by Nickleback » Wed May 18, 2016 6:59 am

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum & enjoy your new car.

As already suggested, get yourself a heritage certificate to see what colour your car is actually listed as.

It will probably be listed as Cream from the build sheets, which in real terms will be Old English White !

This thread explains is what happened with my car:
viewtopic.php?t=8375&highlight=color

Should help get the correct answer for you :wink:
Mike,
1970 S2 FHC 2R28165

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain