The E-Type Forum - celebrating 53 years of the ultimate motoring icon Forum Index The E-Type Forum - celebrating 53 years of the ultimate motoring icon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The E-Type Forum - celebrating 53 years of the ultimate motoring icon Forum Index

Closed Headlight kit for S2 & S3 cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The E-Type Forum - celebrating 53 years of the ultimate motoring icon Forum Index -> E-Type Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heuer
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Closed Headlight kit for S2 & S3 cars Reply with quote

Just received this from Forum member Marek:

"Earlier this summer I was working on my covered headlight kit for the S2 and S3 cars. This will move the current headlights back far enough for a cover to be fitted over the front to mimic the early S1 cars. The kit will be direct bolt in replacement. The kit of parts I propose to make addresses all of these points, specifically:-

Headlight diaphragm panels - Rather than the cut up panels to fit I will provide new laser cut panels which already have a dish in them (a la S2 headlight panels) and have all of the hardware mounting lugs pre welded in place. No cutting is involved and you simply replace your panels with these ones and paint them to suit.

Headlight - uses the oem unit. Simply unscrew it from itís mounting and refit it to an eccentric adjuster which bolts into headlight diaphragm. The wires and headlamp bucket donít show out of the back.

Chrome headlight rim - This will be a custom made brass rim which will be chromed. It will be a single piece fitting (similar to the Eagle Speedster) and will have itís rubber gasket pre fitted and simply screw in from the back. I propose to simply screw the headlight glass into the rim as the steel screws will lock into the brass rim, which will be profiled at the back for this. The little chrome retaining cover #BD31129 wonít be needed, as the part will fit, rather than need to be shimmied around so that all of the tiny screws get through the holes.

Headlight glass - plexiglass covers, which can be subtly coloured if required

Sugar scoop - Fits onto the headlight diaphragm panel and simply bolts up. The edge/lip can be profiled to suit as I propose to put a thin rubber beeding around the front lip where it might be a snug fit against the headlamp covers. I may mould a rim for this into the headlight covers.

Fitting - By bolting parts on one at a time, everything can be adjusted piece by piece. The only difference between a S2 and S3 kit will be the headlight diaphragm panel.

Pricing - not finalised this but would be in the region of £850 if there is enough interest in a group buy.

If there is sufficient interest, Iíll return to this over the winter. Feel free to suggest a better way of doing things before I go for it.

Kind Regards

Marek"

Photos showing prototype development:

Contact Marek for more info: dognextdoor1@gmail.com

S1 OTS OSB.; S1 FHC ODB #860294
ernie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Closed headlight for S2 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this proposed modification kit made it into production?
Heuer
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please contact Marek for more information.
S1 OTS OSB.; S1 FHC ODB #860294
MarekH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first batch of headlight diaphragms are currently being fabricated and it'll appear later in the year.

kind regards
Marek
1954Etype

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year though Marek? Wink
MarekH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angus,

I'm busy designing a valve amplifier at the moment.

Then I'm going to fit twelve exhaust gas temperature sensors into the v12 to help tune the sequential injection, build and install a CAN network into the car and then I might get to making the glass parts of the kit.

kind regards
Marek
1954Etype

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but it doesnt answer the question Marek Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The E-Type Forum - celebrating 53 years of the ultimate motoring icon Forum Index -> E-Type Upgrades All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: