Search found 10 matches

by Arnoldhar
Mon Jul 27, 2026 3:16 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Replies: 6
Views: 1565
Great Britain

Re: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code

Hi Simon if only it was as simple as that, I have spoken to Glasurit and they have no record of that code

That’s what I am up against
Thanks
by Arnoldhar
Mon Jul 27, 2026 12:30 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Gunmetal grey today’s paint code
Replies: 6
Views: 1565
Great Britain

Gunmetal grey today’s paint code

Hi all, I am having real trouble getting a modern paint code for gunmetal grey from Glasurit or PPG when I reference the original codes from JHT I just get a blank. Does anyone have the equivalent codes in today’s paint tech

Thanks
by Arnoldhar
Mon Oct 06, 2025 1:30 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: core plugs behind exhaust manifold 3.8
Replies: 1
Views: 1666
Great Britain

core plugs behind exhaust manifold 3.8

Guys just went to change the exhaust manifolds on my 3.8 and found the smallest of drips behind the gasket covering the coreplug, its very small, are these core plugs troublesome to change and seal? or am i better off with a wipe of JB weld over it, had no idea of any leak until I dropped off the ma...
by Arnoldhar
Sun Jun 22, 2025 8:51 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear shock length 64 fhc
Replies: 8
Views: 8375
Great Britain

Re: Rear shock length 64 fhc

Thanks guys for your replies, I believe shock length is the answer Martin Roby, told me 13.5 inches, the spring it’s self controls the ride height and as you can see in the image the car sits low, rims in line with arch, so really it’s two issues. Both MR and SNG sell a standard shock /spring assemb...
by Arnoldhar
Sun Jun 22, 2025 5:23 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear shock length 64 fhc
Replies: 8
Views: 8375
Great Britain

Rear shock length 64 fhc

Hi all not had my car to long and thought I would just take the rear wheels off for a little clean copper slip the splines and to my shock! I couldn’t get the rear wheel off without dropping the bottom shock bolt to get more droop. The car would appear to be a little lower the standard and is runnin...
by Arnoldhar
Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:42 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Reversing light bulb and lamp unit
Replies: 0
Views: 70305
Great Britain

Reversing light bulb and lamp unit

Hi all, my reversing light wasn’t working so I went to swap out the bulb and found to my surprise the bulb was a 380 twin filament, when I checked the lamp list on the forum it’s listed as a single filament 382 but the holder definitely only takes the 380 with off set lugs. The cable leaving the lam...
by Arnoldhar
Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:23 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Handbrake / brake warning light
Replies: 6
Views: 5805
Great Britain

Re: Handbrake / brake warning light

That helps thanks Steve
by Arnoldhar
Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:00 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Handbrake / brake warning light
Replies: 6
Views: 5805
Great Britain

Re: Handbrake / brake warning light

That was one of my questions, should the spring go between the lamp and jewel lens? Can’t find a drawing anywhere
by Arnoldhar
Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:01 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Handbrake / brake warning light
Replies: 6
Views: 5805
Great Britain

Re: Handbrake / brake warning light

Thanks Stuart I have no problem getting the lamp out, it’s getting the whole fitting out and I wasn’t sure how the lamp went in with the spring

Thanks
by Arnoldhar
Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:01 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Handbrake / brake warning light
Replies: 6
Views: 5805
Great Britain

Handbrake / brake warning light

Hi everyone, new to this forum, just got myself a 3.8 Fhc, got a couple of little things to sort out, firstly the handbrake warning light, it doesn’t work!. Can someone enlighten me how to got the unit out, I have dropped the lower dash section but I can’t seem to figure out how it pushes forward th...