Search found 10 matches

by JagNorton
Wed Sep 16, 2026 8:04 am
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

Thanks again for your assistance. My lift is now installed and works very well. I'd definitely recommend the Automotech AS-235SB to anyone. I didn't find them very helpful at answering questions that went beyond what is printed in the manual, but a good price, and a good quality product.
by JagNorton
Sat Aug 15, 2026 5:49 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

That's fantastic thank you. I've just done some more accurate measuring and I think I will just about be able to fit this lift in my garage, it's going to be tight, but workable I think.
Really appreciate your help in measuring up :-)
by JagNorton
Wed Aug 12, 2026 4:37 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

Thanks for the confirmation of the width very much appreciated. I think I might be pushing it a little on height. It really will be so tall its pretty much up against the slates. I need to measure really accurately. However, it does seem like the posts are taller on their inner edge compared to thei...
by JagNorton
Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:57 am
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

Thanks - I've updated my signature. I'll keep a lookout for used options too, although haven't found many as yet. By the time I've added the cost of hiring a van, dismantling and transporting, plus the risk of it not working, it would have to be a very good deal! If anyone reading this knows of one,...
by JagNorton
Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:55 am
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

I'd love a 4 post with a jacking beam, but they are at least 50% more expensive. They both have their advantages and disadvantages I suppose.
by JagNorton
Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:52 am
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

"I do all of my work on the car sitting on a chair"

Thanks - this is useful. I think I have 150mm of concrete, although struggling to remember now, it was about 8 years ago I built the garage. Good point about the mesh!
by JagNorton
Mon Aug 10, 2026 9:48 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

You’re not all that far from me, maybe I’ll take you up on that. Its going to be a tight fit, although I think if i can establish that one dimension I’ll be able to work it out.
by JagNorton
Mon Aug 10, 2026 4:19 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

AS-235SB 3.5t It’s about 12 years old so not sure if it’s a current model Thanks for this. Yes it is indeed a current model and actually now I've measured it, it looks possible that I could get it in. Automotech aren't all that helpful if you ask them a question that isn't in the drawing, or manual...
by JagNorton
Sun Aug 09, 2026 7:09 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

I’ve got an automotech two post lift, which copes fine with my car. You do have to be perfectly in the centre as the arms are at full extension to pick up the front jacking positions. I’ve got a catslide roof so can’t get it to full height with this car on it, but I wouldn’t be without it. That’s e...
by JagNorton
Fri Aug 07, 2026 9:13 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 2 post v Scissor lift
Replies: 28
Views: 12637
Great Britain

Re: 2 post v Scissor lift

Looking to purchase a lift for my home garage. It is 3.8 x 5.5metres with a 2.5 metre ceiling height. I don’t know whether to go for an Automotech AS7630 scissor lift or an AS230SP short height 2 post. Portability of the scissor lift appeals, but height from the floor doesn’t. I don’t particularly ...