Search found 6 matches

by ZedsGirl
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear spring tension
Replies: 14
Views: 11126

Simon and David- you are amazing - thank you. I have been in touch with SNG UK and have ordered the new front and rear sets as you proposed. I phoned them and they were very helpful. I appreciate your guidance and assistance.

Kath
by ZedsGirl
Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear spring tension
Replies: 14
Views: 11126

Thanks for the advice. My problem is that the car sits too high. I am in South Africa and the previous owner put new shocks/springs (not specifically for a series 1) onto the car. It thus has NO give. Have managed to get settings from XK Eng, but may have to order new and specific for car shocks fro...
by ZedsGirl
Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear spring tension
Replies: 14
Views: 11126

Thanks David. I seem to have found a company who may be able to help. Classic Jaguar in Texas, mailed them and will relay any useful info. :idea:
by ZedsGirl
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:54 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear spring tension
Replies: 14
Views: 11126

Ok, what I need is the spring rate for the front and rear springs? Does anyone know the weight of this car?
by ZedsGirl
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear spring tension
Replies: 14
Views: 11126

I meant tension - sorry for spelling.
by ZedsGirl
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Rear spring tension
Replies: 14
Views: 11126

Rear spring tension

Please forgive me if the lingo is not 100% correct but my husband is challenged when it comes to computes so it is left to me :? We have a 1964 Series 1 Fixed Head E-Type Jag 3.8. We have put new shocks on the car but the spring are so stiff that there is no flexibility. Can anyone help us with the ...