Search found 6 matches

by Mangowi
Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: 3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??
Replies: 15
Views: 8740

Thanks again for all of your replies and knowledge. I am equally puzzled by the mix of parts. This car belongs to my elderly father and I have recently been asked to get the car going again. After it was restored it was only driven about 3000 kms. After 1995 it has been permanently parked, with the ...
by Mangowi
Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:22 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: 3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??
Replies: 15
Views: 8740

Thanks for the instructions! Herewith a few pictures of the situation following previous chat: http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz323/Mangowit/engine_right_01_zps9aadcf89.jpg http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz323/Mangowit/interior_01_zps4ad5c627.jpg http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz323/Mang...
by Mangowi
Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: 3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??
Replies: 15
Views: 8740

I have taken a few pics of the engine compartment, carbs etc. I think I need some assistance in how to post pictures here...;)
/M
by Mangowi
Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:52 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: 3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??
Replies: 15
Views: 8740

Thank you for your reply. I will take some photos of the interior and engine bay once I get to it. I will then also ask if you can determine whether or not the dipstick is the correct one for this car/engine.
best regards
by Mangowi
Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: 3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??
Replies: 15
Views: 8740

Hi,
Thank you for sharing the downloadable document.
The chassis number is 889262 and engine number is RA3747-8
Best regards
by Mangowi
Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:16 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: 3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??
Replies: 15
Views: 8740

3.8/4.2 Hybrid in 1964??

Hello, I am the "guardian" of a 1964 3.8 FHC. It has been in the family since the late 1980's and was completely restored in 1990-1993. I am a bit puzzled by the fact that it is a 3.8, but with a leather clad center console and black vinyl face on the center of the dashboard (like a 4.2). As far as ...