Search found 24 matches

by Claudio
Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:28 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Brake Servo booster
Replies: 4
Views: 4601
Great Britain

Hello all, Since nobody replied my mail, let me please insist with you gentlemen. Doubts still remain based on assumptions: 1 - These servo boosters never fail, or, if it ever fails, the aftermarket repair kit is the first option. ...or... 2 - The second alternative of buying a whole unit, replacing...
by Claudio
Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:14 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Automatic to mechanical gearbox conversion
Replies: 5
Views: 4835
Great Britain

Thanks Pete - I have sent you a PM.
Kind regards!
Claudio
by Claudio
Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Automatic to mechanical gearbox conversion
Replies: 5
Views: 4835
Great Britain

Hello Pete,

thanks for your response.

If you state "I have everything in USA" means you have this kit for sale? is this a big money Pete?

Kind regards.
by Claudio
Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Automatic to mechanical gearbox conversion
Replies: 5
Views: 4835
Great Britain

Automatic to mechanical gearbox conversion

Hello Fellows,

May I ask you - if this is not a question already asked in other posts - about the conversion of the gearbox, from an automatic to a mechanical one?

From your point of view, is this a traumatic task? is there any company selling a kit of parts?

Help :roll:

Warm regards!
Claudio
by Claudio
Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:26 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Brake Servo booster
Replies: 4
Views: 4601
Great Britain

Brake Servo booster

Hello Fellows,
Does anyone know about the quality of the E-type S3 brake servo boosters sold on Ebay? prices range from $350 to $400. Or please indicate me another source to purchase a reliable one.
Thanks, Claudio :wink: - BRAZIL
by Claudio
Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:25 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Speedometer failed
Replies: 2
Views: 3583
Great Britain

Thank you Mr Jones.
Kind regards,
Claudio
by Claudio
Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Speedometer failed
Replies: 2
Views: 3583
Great Britain

Speedometer failed

Hello Gents, good morning, My ride with the Jaguar last sunday resulted in a sudden speedometer failure. With no special reason for the cause as far as I can recall. I cannot precise if the problem is on the instrument or on the speedo cable or on the angle drive that couples the cable supposedly to...
by Claudio
Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:32 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Alternator replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 6789
Great Britain

Hello Marek - thanks for the hints. I currently let the battery charge in my 24h charger and will wait until tomorrow for the next step and go to an electrics shop for checking voltage charge. Interesting also is the electric oil pick-up on this Jaguar, different from my old jeeps that have oil gaug...
by Claudio
Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:56 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Alternator replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 6789
Great Britain

Hello Marek, facing problems again: generator wasn't charging well, so I turned the voltage adjustment bolt in the voltage regulator box 90 degrees clockwise, as indicated on the box cover. Generator started charging well (13V approx.) when engine is cold. After getting hot (we are on the peak summe...
by Claudio
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: V-12 ignition system upgrade
Replies: 21
Views: 26839
Great Britain

V-12 ignition system upgrade

Hello, another issue related to the ignition system upgrade for the V12 engine goes to the kits offered by REOPUS and SNG Barratt. So question: does anyone know the difference/advantage between them? Thanks, all best! Claudio BTW: reading other posts from this forum I realized I am suffering same pr...
by Claudio
Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:02 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Stromberg carburator oil
Replies: 11
Views: 16081
Great Britain

Thank you Gents, I will do this experience, replacing the oil by the thicker one. Hey...I have to admit: I am already VERY IMPRESSED with the performance (wonderful torque!!!) of this engine... I just can't imagine it can perform even better... As I meant before, everything related to this car is ve...
by Claudio
Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:55 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Stromberg carburator oil
Replies: 11
Views: 16081
Great Britain

Hello Pete, my mechanic insisted using a low viscisity oil due to his prior background with same type of carbs used on other british cars we had produced in the country (Hillman, taken over by Chrysler and the car was named Dodge Polara). I also had a post replied in this forum recommending sewing m...
by Claudio
Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:51 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Stromberg carburator oil
Replies: 11
Views: 16081
Great Britain

Hello, just to give you feedback, I put Singer sewing machine oil (low viscosity) and the carbs are performing very well. It seems that the piston moves freely. Quick acceleration responses. Nice regards, Claudio
by Claudio
Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Balance Pipes and bleed valves
Replies: 12
Views: 9918
Great Britain

Wolf, cheers, is yours also imported from the USA? Have you removed these anti pollution devices? Gruesze, Claudio
by Claudio
Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Balance Pipes and bleed valves
Replies: 12
Views: 9918
Great Britain

Wolf, Is yours also imported from the USA? Have you removed these anti-pollution devices? Grusse!
by Claudio
Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:56 am
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Alternator replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 6789
Great Britain

Marek et al,

Problem solved. Cause: slight oxidation on contact terminals of the voltage regulator. Opening the box was not necessary. Alternator in place, charging well.
Weekend coming, sunny forecast, Jag on the road again!!!
Thanks.
Claudio :wink: :wink: :wink:
by Claudio
Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:04 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Alternator replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 6789
Great Britain

Thank you again Marek. Yes I found David Lacey's website and hints on how to rebuilt such original external voltage regulators (see link below for other Jag-fans) http://www.xketype.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.40 . Unfortunately the resources and sources of components are very scarc...
by Claudio
Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:04 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Alternator replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 6789
Great Britain

Alternator replacement

Hello Gentlemen, Good evening. Again having trouble with my 73 V12, american version. The generator was suspected not to be charging the battery. Dash panel voltage gauge indicated voltage under 12V (not charging). I removed the alternator and let an electrician bench-test it. For my surprise it DID...
by Claudio
Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:51 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Balance Pipes and bleed valves
Replies: 12
Views: 9918
Great Britain

Thank you Marek.
by Claudio
Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:30 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Balance Pipes and bleed valves
Replies: 12
Views: 9918
Great Britain

Balance Pipes and bleed valves

Hi dear Jag fans, good evening, wish you ALL a very happy and promising 2015, with great realizations. Well, my 73 american version 2+2 cat was bought with no gulp valve installed, the one that comprises the bleed system coming from engine balancing pipes. I am facing difficulties in finding one of ...