Search found 3 matches

by jumanor54
Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:09 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Series 3 V12 hood frame
Replies: 0
Views: 2582

Series 3 V12 hood frame

I want to remove the cantrail channels from the hood frame on my V12 E Type so they can be de-rusted and then powder coated. I can see how the centre sections are removed by unscrewing them but the sections at the front are attached to the hood catches and look to be more complicated to remove. Has ...
by jumanor54
Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:14 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: Check ignition spade connectors
Replies: 0
Views: 2410

Check ignition spade connectors

Here's a tip - I hadn't used my V12 E Type for about 3 weeks and when I went to drive it, I had difficulty starting the engine and then it ran roughly, backfiring and then stalling occasionally, so I cleaned the spade connectors to the ignition coil and the ballast resistor and now the engine is bac...
by jumanor54
Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm
Forum: Series 3
Topic: V-12 ignition system upgrade
Replies: 21
Views: 26767

Re opus

Hi Claudio I fitted the Re Opus unit to my car 2 years ago and it has made a tremendous difference to the performance and economy of the car. I should say however that there wasn't anything wrong with the original unit so long as you re-mount it from the V of the engine to the cross bar under the he...