My 1966 2+2 ( now sold) definitely didn’t have screws securing the side chromes. Neither does my ‘68 OTS
Tim
Search found 908 matches
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:49 am
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
- Replies: 7
- Views: 534

- Sat Sep 19, 2026 11:09 am
- Forum: Technical
- Topic: Door Hinge
- Replies: 2
- Views: 245

Re: Door Hinge
When renewing some trim on my car I removed the piece that fits in the footwell side ( taking out the bonnet release pulls) to my surprise I found the end of a door check strap lying in a hole . This vacant space is often used to house speakers.
So yes , it may be possible to push out the dent ?
Tim
So yes , it may be possible to push out the dent ?
Tim
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 7:59 am
- Forum: Technical
- Topic: Rev counter generator
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2812

Re: Rev counter generator
Is it definitely rotating? Not unknown for the drive dog to become distanced from the camshaft
Tim
Tim
- Thu Jun 04, 2026 4:17 pm
- Forum: Technical
- Topic: ALTERNATOR ANYONE?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3149

Re: ALTERNATOR ANYONE?
I’ve heard of single wire alternators, 3 wire alternators but how many wires on this one? I’m having mind madness counting them ?
If it were me I’d strip that lot out and start again. The suggestion of an alternator with a built in regulator is a good start/ idea.
Tim
If it were me I’d strip that lot out and start again. The suggestion of an alternator with a built in regulator is a good start/ idea.
Tim
- Thu Jun 04, 2026 2:24 pm
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Had your E-Type sprayed Opalescent Maroon in the last decade or two?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3251

Re: Had your E-Type sprayed Opalescent Maroon in the last decade or two?
Yes, that is significantly different to mine. I stripped all the old paint off mine apart from a few places where the painter and I could compare samples with existing. These were places that I felt comfortable that they had not been previously repainted. The match was good to the original colour. A...
- Tue Jun 02, 2026 10:22 am
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Had your E-Type sprayed Opalescent Maroon in the last decade or two?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3251

Re: Had your E-Type sprayed Opalescent Maroon in the last decade or two?
So this is what my painter used;
Nexa 1YYNB
Solvent B/C
I had the external panels painted and the bonnet internally.
The match to the previously painted panels seemed perfect and I was very happy
I’ve no idea what these codes mean !
Tim
Nexa 1YYNB
Solvent B/C
I had the external panels painted and the bonnet internally.
The match to the previously painted panels seemed perfect and I was very happy
I’ve no idea what these codes mean !
Tim
- Tue Jun 02, 2026 9:28 am
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Had your E-Type sprayed Opalescent Maroon in the last decade or two?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3251

Re: Had your E-Type sprayed Opalescent Maroon in the last decade or two?
I had mine painted a couple of years ago in opalescent maroon. I will dig out the code and post it here.
I would also post a photo if I knew how !
Tim
I would also post a photo if I knew how !
Tim
- Fri May 29, 2026 9:42 am
- Forum: General
- Topic: Electric power steering
- Replies: 24
- Views: 23940

Re: Electric power steering
I think that the easy steer system removes the collapsible section of the column and the associated bracket and replaces this with a series 1 type. The horn is still on the indicator stalk but maybe this could also be modified
Tim
Tim
- Sun May 17, 2026 10:16 am
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Differential advice
- Replies: 45
- Views: 12897

Re: Differential advice
I thought that the car in question was an automatic which from my memory means a 2.88 diff.
Happy to be corrected
Tim
Happy to be corrected
Tim
- Mon May 11, 2026 11:07 am
- Forum: Technical
- Topic: Rear suframe bolts
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5610

Re: Rear suframe bolts
Spot on correct as usual Bill
- Thu May 07, 2026 3:40 pm
- Forum: General
- Topic: Clutch master cylinder
- Replies: 22
- Views: 18276

Re: Clutch master cylinder
I recall that I had to swap the pushrod. It wasn’t complicated but I can’t remember the details.
3 years on and it’s still fine - although not so many miles.
Strangely enough I was thinking of changing the fluid just to check. I’ll report back once it’s done.
3 years on and it’s still fine - although not so many miles.
Strangely enough I was thinking of changing the fluid just to check. I’ll report back once it’s done.
- Thu Apr 23, 2026 8:03 pm
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Possible new car
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5938

Re: Possible new car
Hi,
I’m not surprised at that - he had been around a while
If you type “Bate” into the search tab on this forum you will see some other comments on his work. I appreciate that this won’t be relative to your car but is an indicator .
Good luck with your car
I’m not surprised at that - he had been around a while
If you type “Bate” into the search tab on this forum you will see some other comments on his work. I appreciate that this won’t be relative to your car but is an indicator .
Good luck with your car
- Thu Apr 23, 2026 8:57 am
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Possible new car
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5938

Re: Possible new car
Bob Bates, that’s a name I remember.
I bought a gearbox that was rebuilt by him- superb.
A quick google of “Bob Bates Jaguar” shows a fair bit of good info.
https://good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co ... ering-ltd/
I bought a gearbox that was rebuilt by him- superb.
A quick google of “Bob Bates Jaguar” shows a fair bit of good info.
https://good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co ... ering-ltd/
- Mon Apr 20, 2026 9:53 am
- Forum: General
- Topic: Advice on buying..
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5349

Re: Advice on buying..
I’ve had 3 e types. The first I bought from a garage and a distant relative, rotten as a pear ! The second ( older and wiser) bought privately and was ok structurally but needed engine work. The third ( now much older and maybe wiser) I bought privately. Got one of those cheap throwaway work overall...
- Tue Apr 07, 2026 4:58 pm
- Forum: Technical
- Topic: Washer jet replacement..
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3287

Re: Washer jet replacement..
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21604&p=176353#p176353
Have a look through this, plenty of other posts on the forum re this
Have a look through this, plenty of other posts on the forum re this
- Thu Mar 26, 2026 6:16 pm
- Forum: Series 2
- Topic: Radiator leak repair or replace?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6023

Re: Radiator leak repair or replace?
Can’t answer your question on repair or replace
But it can be removed and replaced ( with care) whilst the bonnet is in place. My suggestion is to protect the core with thick cardboard during the process.
Tim
But it can be removed and replaced ( with care) whilst the bonnet is in place. My suggestion is to protect the core with thick cardboard during the process.
Tim
- Fri Mar 13, 2026 5:25 pm
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Is anyone familiar with this type 1?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3410

Re: Is anyone familiar with this type 1?
The MOT history checks out.
Some non original parts if that bothers you — it doesn’t me.
Why are the engine frames black?
Tim
Some non original parts if that bothers you — it doesn’t me.
Why are the engine frames black?
Tim
- Mon Mar 02, 2026 7:39 pm
- Forum: Series 1
- Topic: Captive nuts for headlamp bezel screws
- Replies: 17
- Views: 8056

Re: Captive nuts for headlamp bezel screws
The guy that supplies these is Mark Clapp.
Search in forum will find him
Search in forum will find him
- Sat Feb 28, 2026 12:12 pm
- Forum: General
- Topic: CMC Bridgenorth
- Replies: 15
- Views: 9415

CMC Bridgenorth
I hope I’m wrong but I see today on PistonHeads that CMC have closed with immediate effect.
I’m not a customer but is this a sign of the times ?
I’m not a customer but is this a sign of the times ?
- Wed Feb 18, 2026 10:14 am
- Forum: Technical
- Topic: Clear plastic tube running through bulkhead behind glovebox
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5902

Re: Clear plastic tube running through bulkhead behind glovebox
What diameter is it?
Not spare screen wash tubing?
Not spare screen wash tubing?


