Search found 7 matches

by philmerson
Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:18 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Carb problems, I think!
Replies: 15
Views: 12665

So sorry MarkE, a good match though, could be our (England) year for the 6 Nations!?

Seems that the change of all the electric parts has sorted the problem, also the leak has stopped since tightening up the jubilee clips, all well again, satisfaction!
by philmerson
Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:19 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Carb problems, I think!
Replies: 15
Views: 12665

The electrical spare should turn up tomorrow, Saturday, and hopefully fitted before I wing my way up to Twickenham to watch the England v Wales match, not with the old girl I hasten to add, or the Jag come to that......

I will let you all know of progress, and the dreaded leak, what this space!
by philmerson
Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: Carb problems, I think!
Replies: 15
Views: 12665

Thanks for the comments, I have made up some new HT leads and the new cap, rotor arm and spark plugs are on their way from SNG. Interesting point about the leak from the housing, I checked and it seems there is a small leak there, so have tightened the hosing to see if this makes a difference, other...
by philmerson
Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: Carb problems, I think!
Replies: 15
Views: 12665

Just to let you all know that I think I have solved the problem! There was some water sitting in the distributor, not sure how it got there, but every time Iwent for a run, it obviously splashed up into the cap creating the fault, the dist cap would then dry out and the problem disapeared until I we...
by philmerson
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:18 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: Carb problems, I think!
Replies: 15
Views: 12665

Yes I have checked the fuel tank sump filter and it is absolutely fine. The leads are only a year old and in excellent condition, or look it and I have electronic ignition, so I have ordered and new Lucas Gold Sports Coil to see if this is the problem and will let you all know the outcome, thank you...
by philmerson
Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:06 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Carb problems, I think!
Replies: 15
Views: 12665

Carb problems, I think!

I am looking for some advice please. I have a 1965 S1 4.2 DHC which has been faultless till a couple of weeks ago when after stopping briefly and restarted there seemed to be a fuel starvation problem as every time I accelerated she stutterd badly and I limped home. To remedy I have changed the fue...
by philmerson
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:45 pm
Forum: Welcome!
Topic: About time I joined ......
Replies: 3
Views: 4081

About time I joined ......

Having read so many great articles and seen so much good advice, I thought it was about time to join the forum.

I look forward to using the site more and more as I get to know my 1965 S1 4.2 DHC. :lol: