Search found 10 matches

by Oggy
Tue Aug 12, 2025 9:59 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: Random Capacitor Behind Tacho (1967 series 1.25)
Replies: 2
Views: 1346
Great Britain

Re: Random Capacitor Behind Tacho (1967 series 1.25)

Radio noise supression makes a lot of sense, thanks! Actually, I've found another issue. The purple(un-switched) feed should be to the clock, the clock was on white (switched) - which explains why it didn't work. I assumed that they just didn't work most of the time. Now I'm off to see where the whi...
by Oggy
Mon Aug 11, 2025 2:46 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Random Capacitor Behind Tacho (1967 series 1.25)
Replies: 2
Views: 1346
Great Britain

Random Capacitor Behind Tacho (1967 series 1.25)

Every now and then I find a random "present" from the previous owner. I've found a 5mF capacitor with a proper looking mount attached to the side of the choke lever bracket, immediately behind the tacho. It is wired into the loom with a purple wire, but the other wire isn't connected and is simply t...
by Oggy
Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:01 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Very Late s.1 Footwell Ventilation
Replies: 8
Views: 9168
Great Britain

Re: Very Late s.1 Footwell Ventilation

Thanks for the help everybody... I can see original vent flaps available here on e-bay so I may just go ahead and get those. I'm still a bit baffled by the underdash panels which cover where those flaps should be. All that I can think is that the PO had removed the flaps, blanked the holes and then ...
by Oggy
Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:33 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Very Late s.1 Footwell Ventilation
Replies: 8
Views: 9168
Great Britain

Re: Very Late s.1 Footwell Ventilation

*CORRECTION* Sorry, a slight error on my part... it isn't the hardura that lacks cut outs for the ventilation. Rather it is the vinyl covered aluminium under-dash panels. I'm really unsure whether they are original or not.

P.
by Oggy
Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:34 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Very Late s.1 Footwell Ventilation
Replies: 8
Views: 9168
Great Britain

Very Late s.1 Footwell Ventilation

Hi everybody. I have an Aussie spec. 1967 s1.25 FHC (open headlights but toggle switches) and it has somewhat baffling footwell ventilation, or a lack of it. Upon taking the hardura and aluminium panels out of the footwells I find that on one side I'm looking through a square hole at the end of the ...
by Oggy
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:42 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 2824
Great Britain

Re: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement

Success! :bigrin: The top bush is now fitted and the newly painted shocks are back on the car. Here's a bit of advice for anybody trying to fit the bush in the future... It is easy to insert the rubber into the ring with a vice, a socket of a suitable size, and a bit of grease. However,if you do thi...
by Oggy
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:59 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 2824
Great Britain

Re: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement

Progress! :thankyouyellow: Thanks for that heads up mgcjag! SNG denied all knowledge of such bushes being available so I went after bush suppliers and shock specialists next. Turns out that Polybush were very helpful but had nothing in their inventory that had the correct dimensions. Koni's website ...
by Oggy
Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:18 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 2824
Great Britain

Re: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement

Well, my original fears are being confirmed: not at SNG, and Polybush don't have anything either. Back to the original question... Has anybody replaced the top bushes on Girling or Koni Series 1 front shock absorbers?
by Oggy
Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:31 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 2824
Great Britain

Re: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement

Well, after an afternoon with a very small hacksaw blade I've managed to get the front shock off... turns out to be a Koni 82-1232 painted the proper Girling 633 blue by a PO. Not sure that changes anything wrt the top bush though. As suggested by mgcjag I'll take some measurements and see whether t...
by Oggy
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:41 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement
Replies: 6
Views: 2824
Great Britain

Girling Shocks Top Bush Replacement

Hello all, My S1.25 FHC has perfectly functional Girling front shocks (probably not original but certainly 20th century). Unfortunately the top and bottom bushes have failed giving rise to annoying squeaking now and the likelihood of mechanical damage in the long-run. The metal sleeve has seized ont...