Search found 2 matches

by Raymondo
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:45 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: ADVICE NEEDED - 1964 4.2 Series 1 E-type that has a problem engaging in reverse once hot.
Replies: 11
Views: 8884
Great Britain

Re: ADVICE NEEDED - 1964 4.2 Series 1 E-type that has a problem engaging in reverse once hot.

Thank you all for your replies - most helpful. I will update you once fixed. Thanks again for your time taken replying to my query.
by Raymondo
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am
Forum: Series 1
Topic: ADVICE NEEDED - 1964 4.2 Series 1 E-type that has a problem engaging in reverse once hot.
Replies: 11
Views: 8884
Great Britain

ADVICE NEEDED - 1964 4.2 Series 1 E-type that has a problem engaging in reverse once hot.

I have a 1964 4.2 Series 1 E-type that has a problem engaging in reverse once hot. A typical example would be that I would reverse the car out of the garage, say first thing in the morning (cold), whereby the reverse gear would be found effortlessly. I would then drive for a few miles, come to a hal...