Search found 9 matches

by montauk1989
Sat Mar 07, 2026 11:10 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Heater Transfer Pipe Replacement
Replies: 25
Views: 108102
United States of America

Re: Heater Transfer Pipe Replacement

I just pulled the coolant pipes out of my ’70 E‑Type Coupe (LHD) and figured I’d document the process, because while the forums have plenty of theories about removing them, nobody ever seems to explain how you actually wrangle that long pipe out of there. It turned out to be pretty straightforward o...
by montauk1989
Fri Mar 06, 2026 1:32 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Quickjack
Replies: 37
Views: 32535
United States of America

Re: Quickjack

Just to follow up, the Quickjack as others pointed out, doesn't go high enough to slide the engine out. It's not even close. I put the rear wheels up on my ramps and simply lifted the front up like so many others have done. https://i.postimg.cc/Rhh10V1G/IMG-4977(1).jpg https://i.postimg.cc/fyy7bT7p/...
by montauk1989
Tue Jun 03, 2025 11:16 am
Forum: General
Topic: Quickjack
Replies: 37
Views: 32535
United States of America

Re: Quickjack

My garage simply doesn’t have enough width for any type of posts. Years ago, the previous owners added a bathroom off the kitchen, shrinking the garage from a comfortably sized two-car space to what I’d call a one-and-a-half-car setup. I typically park the E on the left, carefully squeezing out the ...
by montauk1989
Mon Jun 02, 2025 7:33 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Quickjack
Replies: 37
Views: 32535
United States of America

Re: Quickjack

Thanks for the replies. I don't have room for a 4 post. My garage is barely wide enough for my 911 and Jag. Vertical clearance is just 8'6". I think a mid-rise lift of some type is my best option. I'll simply park over it as I do now with the quick jacks when it's not needed.
by montauk1989
Sun Jun 01, 2025 1:50 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Quickjack
Replies: 37
Views: 32535
United States of America

Re: Quickjack

Bringing this topic back with a question about using a QuickJack on an E-Type. I have a 1970 Series 2 coupe and have tackled quite a few projects with it lifted on jack stands—rear-end removal, new exhaust, suspension work, etc. Next up, I need to drop the engine to replace the clutch. I've been usi...
by montauk1989
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:29 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: The 5 Speed is here……..
Replies: 562
Views: 234407
United States of America

Re: The 5 Speed is here……..

Never mind I just found this thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19353
by montauk1989
Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:02 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: The 5 Speed is here……..
Replies: 562
Views: 234407
United States of America

Re: The 5 Speed is here……..

With the gas adjustable bumped up one turn to 3. Joey, How many "clicks" total on your shocks? On all six of my Gaz shocks, there's 19 clicks from mild to firm. I've got them set at 10 clicks up from mild. I also set the rear springs so that I had 22" on the left rear arch. I then set the right rea...
by montauk1989
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:44 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: The 5 Speed is here……..
Replies: 562
Views: 234407
United States of America

Re: The 5 Speed is here……..

Thanks Joey, I'll give it a try.
Dave
by montauk1989
Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:16 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: The 5 Speed is here……..
Replies: 562
Views: 234407
United States of America

Re: The 5 Speed is here……..

Hi Joey, Not to go too far off the track but how did you determine where to set your springs? I've got a similar setup on my car. I've been playing around with the settings and they still "feel" a bit soft so more tweaking. Is there some specific measurement you're looking for? This photo shows them...