Hi Craig,
That's great information on the non return valve thank you. I have the outside diameter of the engine crossover fuel line and also the feed and return hard lines so your photos have completed the picture. Again many thanks for taking the trouble.
Will
Search found 9 matches
- Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:32 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9325

- Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:54 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9325

Re: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
Hi Bob,
Yes of course when I get to replacing the return side hoses I will find out. Thanks once again for your posts.
Will
Yes of course when I get to replacing the return side hoses I will find out. Thanks once again for your posts.
Will
- Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:40 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9325

Re: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
Hi Bob, Thanks for the details of the feed and return pipe measurements. I have checked under my car and I do have the correct size feed pipe 3/8" and the smaller return. I think I must have mis-measured the feed pipe originally and did not notice because I was concentrating on trying to persuade th...
- Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:43 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9325

Re: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
Hi Marek, Thanks for the reply I tried your suggestion of emery paper to smooth the pipe and then vaseline, but still could not get the hose any further onto the pipe. As you say the original hose would have been imperial (5/16 inch and the 7.5mm sold as equivalent is slightly smaller). It seems pos...
- Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:28 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9325

Re: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
Hi Danny,
The OD of the hose is about 13.5mm (without the stainless steel cover).
Thanks for the reply
Will
The OD of the hose is about 13.5mm (without the stainless steel cover).
Thanks for the reply
Will
- Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:44 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9325

S3 under bonnet fuel hoses
Hi All, I want to replace the under bonnet fuel feed and fuel return hoses (part numbers C34912/1 and C29860/11) on my S3. The problem I have is that I cannot get the fuel hose fully onto the metal pipe which crosses the engine and feeds both pairs of carbs. The inner diameter of the hose is 7.5mm a...
- Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:48 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: Stromberg carb leaking fuel past threads of needle valve
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4255

Re: Stromberg carb leaking fuel past threads of needle valve
Yes, you would need to re-check the float height. I do not know how much difference if any the ptfe tape made to the seating of the needle valve, but the gasket paper I used was 0.25mm and after refitting the valve no adjustment was necessary to the float height.
- Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:50 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: Stromberg carb leaking fuel past threads of needle valve
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4255

Re: Stromberg carb leaking fuel past threads of needle valve
Plumber's PTFE tape will probably fix it. If you want to use a gasket, then a waxy fibrous one would probably be appropriate. I have just refitted the sump plug onto my fuel tank and a waxy paper gasket with a bit of PTFE tape on the lower threads holds fuel. kind regards Marek Many thanks Marek, P...
- Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:31 pm
- Forum: Series 3
- Topic: Stromberg carb leaking fuel past threads of needle valve
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4255

Stromberg carb leaking fuel past threads of needle valve
Hi All, Fuel is leaking past the aluminium washer and the threads of the needle valve where it screws into the body of the Stromberg carb on my S3. At first I thought the needle valve itself was faulty, but the leak is still present with a new valve (and new aluminium washer) in place. The leak is a...


