Search found 15 matches

by Abarth
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:01 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Un-silenced Rear Exhaust
Replies: 12
Views: 14604

Thank you again David! Your wealth of knowledge and experience is simply staggering. I was looking to have the rear section made for now - my concern was whether or not they would have reference shape to work with and know eactly where to weld the mounting brakets. With the pattern that you mentione...
by Abarth
Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Un-silenced Rear Exhaust
Replies: 12
Views: 14604

Forgot to thank you Viper! Awesome sound is what I am going for here and coming from you (proprietor of my favorite e-type) I will take the advice seriously!
by Abarth
Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:48 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Un-silenced Rear Exhaust
Replies: 12
Views: 14604

Dear David and D Coupe, Thank you very much for your feedback and advice!! David - I will certainly give your contacts at PD Gough a call and mention the forum. My concern when you first mentioned them is that I would need to make the trek up to Nottingham to have it made but it looks like they have...
by Abarth
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: Un-silenced Rear Exhaust
Replies: 12
Views: 14604

Un-silenced Rear Exhaust

Hi Gang, I wonder if any of you might know where one could buy an unsilenced rear exhaust section? I am looking for something along the lines of this which retains the original shape bend at the end: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4ig4u-q7k3Y/T8P1TMzIC2I/AAAAAAAAGBI/PqcMZLZvl9Y/s1600/bigb.jpg My second q...
by Abarth
Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:57 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: I have re-drawn the wiring diagram
Replies: 21
Views: 18068

Thank you ever so much again for your help David!! I have referenced the wiring diagram from the forum's massively helpful knowledge base. The only issue is it does not reference earth wiring nor does it explain why the bonnet loom has a very deceptive pair of earth wires that are in actual fact one...
by Abarth
Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:17 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: I have re-drawn the wiring diagram
Replies: 21
Views: 18068

Dear David, Thank you so much for your response. I hope you don't mind me doing so but can I trouble you for an explanation? Would that (red and yellow wire) have been for optional front fog lights? Or should that that have been a component of the headlights or front running lights? My car, a S1 4.2...
by Abarth
Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:20 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: I have re-drawn the wiring diagram
Replies: 21
Views: 18068

Dear Skiday, Can I just say that I found your color coded wiring diagram immensely useful last weekend when I was re doing part of my loom last weekend!! It adds such a useful idot proof layer to the process of reading these diagrams. There is one thing that I encountered that I could not locate on ...
by Abarth
Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: indicators stopped working......
Replies: 20
Views: 22730

Thank you very much for your help Malk. I will check this out tonight and hope I can get a way with a simple fiddle of the connectors.

Best regards,

Arnoud
by Abarth
Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:13 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: indicators stopped working......
Replies: 20
Views: 22730

Dear Malk and Simon,

Can I trouble you for the precise location of the flasher unit?? I am having similar issues with the indicator on my S1 4.2 but cannot seem to trace the location of the flasher unit.

With many thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Arnoud
by Abarth
Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Bonnet Beading
Replies: 10
Views: 9729

Thank you very kindly David!
by Abarth
Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Bonnet Beading
Replies: 10
Views: 9729

Thank you all for your helpful posts! Heuer - what an ingenious idea!! form and function! Do you by chance have a photograph of your setup for reference (even with headlight glass/rings in place)? In the spirit of Malcolm Sayer's design I feel like everything should flow and there should be continui...
by Abarth
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Bonnet Beading
Replies: 10
Views: 9729

Re: Bonnet Beading

Dear 1954Etype, Thank you for your solid advice! I can certainly see the value in letting the headlight seal do its job particularly in its efforts to prevent condensation around the headlights which the S1 cars are so prone to doing! I was wondering as a half way house if anyone has ever flattened ...
by Abarth
Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 pm
Forum: Series 1
Topic: Bonnet Beading
Replies: 10
Views: 9729

Bonnet Beading

Hello gang! I am at the last stage of my S1 4.2 rebuild and installing all the pretty chrome on the nose and came across a bit of a head scratcher and thought I ought to put it across to the experts. I bought a new set of upper and lower bonnet bead strips and noticed that the longer upper pieces ar...
by Abarth
Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:28 pm
Forum: Welcome!
Topic: Hi from the Isle of Wight !!!
Replies: 20
Views: 23312

Dear Dave, I have just read through your thread and have found your technical advice incredibly helpful/inspirational. I was wondering if I could ask you what intake manifold you are using with your Weber set up? I am in the process of rebuilding a series 1 4.2 engine with a big valve/gas flowed hea...
by Abarth
Mon May 16, 2011 4:25 pm
Forum: General
Topic: A great E-type video
Replies: 0
Views: 2676

A great E-type video