Search found 14 matches

by Marcomears
Wed Feb 12, 2025 4:13 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 5/16 UNF Nyloc Nuts x 7/16 long
Replies: 1
Views: 51627
Great Britain

5/16 UNF Nyloc Nuts x 7/16 long

Dear All Finding the new long skirt nylock 5/16 v 7/16 long with the oooo embossed on the side ( 1/2-inch spanner size) is hard but I have managed to get some, but not easy to find. The normal smaller ones just don’t look right and I think that the bigger nut will have more shear strength (maybe?) D...
by Marcomears
Mon Jan 13, 2025 4:16 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Relay Location S2 RHD
Replies: 4
Views: 68144
Great Britain

Re: Relay Location S2 RHD

Thanks everyone
:salute:
by Marcomears
Fri Jan 10, 2025 4:02 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Relay Location S2 RHD
Replies: 4
Views: 68144
Great Britain

Relay Location S2 RHD

Dear All - i have 2 relays that i cant find where they should be bolted to - the car is in mid resto - and if anyone could send me a picture it would be a great help - the 2 relays are in the engine bay Exhaust side and is located between the engine frame - on the picture you can see one up at the t...
by Marcomears
Fri Dec 13, 2024 9:49 am
Forum: Technical
Topic: 1970 S2 Heater Box
Replies: 2
Views: 8506
Great Britain

Re: 1970 S2 Heater Box

will do- thanks
by Marcomears
Thu Dec 12, 2024 5:13 pm
Forum: Technical
Topic: 1970 S2 Heater Box
Replies: 2
Views: 8506
Great Britain

1970 S2 Heater Box

Dear All Just rebuilt my s2 heater box and would like to put on the correct decals - when taking to bits i noticed the remenants of a metalic sticker in the middle that had been painted over - my heater box does not have any pop rivet holes that holds the plate saying "negative earth". It could be t...
by Marcomears
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:48 am
Forum: General
Topic: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore
Replies: 10
Views: 10965
Great Britain

Re: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore

Bob. wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:42 am
Rare to see the spare ignition key supplied by the factory still in situ, fixed to the bulkhead.
I did see that pre purchase ... i just guess that it was put there by an owner as a spare - so that is what they did at the factory....
I guess they did not have as much robbery back in 1974…….
:lol:
by Marcomears
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore
Replies: 10
Views: 10965
Great Britain

Re: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore

engine and colour

Image
by Marcomears
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:21 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore
Replies: 10
Views: 10965
Great Britain

Re: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore

I hate to tell you but the bus analogy involves 3, not 2 buses. Expect someone to bang on your door soon with a 3rd e type 😆 Oh yes - its 3 buses - I may need help if that the case.... I have just googled it and they say the phenomena is called "platooning" so today i have learnt 2 things - buses i...
by Marcomears
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:18 pm
Forum: General
Topic: 1973 S3 OTS to Restore
Replies: 10
Views: 10965
Great Britain

1973 S3 OTS to Restore

1973 S3 OTS A month ago, I was offered an Etype s2 fhc to restore and as they don’t come that often I got it. However last week I was offered another Etype and decided to get it as well. In the UK we say “it’s like waiting for a bus – then 2 come along at the same time” So, the story with this car i...
by Marcomears
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:56 am
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years
Replies: 10
Views: 12480
Great Britain

Re: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years

Hi Simon Thanks for your comments. I agree with you - I think I will keep the steel wheels - at the mow they look like they need chrome - but then they have not been cleaned for 40 Years - one good thing - the spare is faultless :bigrin: The Wabaso I will keep - I am quite tall and helps with the in...
by Marcomears
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:40 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years
Replies: 10
Views: 12480
Great Britain

Re: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years

Ok - so blog it i shall....
its going to be fun....

Marco
by Marcomears
Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:47 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years
Replies: 10
Views: 12480
Great Britain

Re: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years

The car did come from the factory with the steel wheels - twas an option! painted wires standard - steel wheels option and chrome wire were the most costly.... I guess in the 70s wires were old hat and the steel wheels were up to date designs ... how times change. So, after having another root round...
by Marcomears
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:01 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Getting it on the road...... after 40 years
Replies: 10
Views: 12480
Great Britain

Getting it on the road...... after 40 years

I have been fortunate to bump into a car that was built in 1970, S2FHC red with black interior reg no LXC 1H – sold to its second owner in 1980 ish… dropped a valve in early 80s and has been sat in a garage since early 1980s and has never been restored apart from a quick flash over with paint in the...